𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

a/n: no new member introduction for this chapter but a little bit of insight to Yoongi and Jimin's relationship.
i'm sorry that I'm spending so much time on these flashbacks but they're really important.
I hope you're enjoying them.

Also, we're nearly at 1k views!!! thank you so much!

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ]

!there are mentions of bullying and abuse in this chapter please skip if you're not comfortable!

Park Jimin was very much disliked in the eyes of Min Yoongi. After dousing him with a bucketload of water, Yoongi became very spiteful towards the younger. It didn't help that the laboratory staff were trying their hardest to make the two friends. Yoongi spat on the word.

Friends.

He'd never had friends, only mild acquaintances who used him for his social standing within the orphanage.

Yoongi came from a poor background but he quickly built a reputation for himself with his sharp attitude and ability to get his hands on forbidden items. At first it started out small when he would only steal chocolate bars from the convenience stores and sell them to the orphanage kids for a much higher price. Then, as he got older and mixed with the wrong kind of crowd, he began to get his hands on cigarettes and alcohol. He became the trouble child of the orphanage.

He should have expected to be shipped off soon enough even if he doubted that he'd ever escape that dreaded place. However he quickly realised that the orphanage was a dream compared to the laboratory. Here they treated him a research project; something less than human.

"Stop staring at me," the boy complained to Jimin who sat on the opposite side of the room, on top of a bunk bed.

Jimin just huffed but turned away so that he was facing Jin, "How long have you been here?"

Jin paused, as if the thought was difficult to process before sighing, "I don't know actually. It can't be more than two years...right? Hmm maybe not-"

Yoongi scoffed at the boy, "you genuinely don't know?"

Jin frowned at him, obviously not appreciating the taunt.

"Yah! Shut up you doofus. Jin's been here longer than anyone, he can't remember everything," Jungkook said, protecting the older.

Jin smiled softly at Jungkook but his mood was still deflated. He'd noticed, quite frequently, that he had significant spots in his memory and it was beginning to trouble him.

"You should be more respectful to your elders Yoongi Hyung," Jungkook addressed, sealing the conversation with a simple nod.

Later that night, when Jin and Jungkook had dozed off and the noise of their light snores were the only sounds in the room, Jimin slid off his bed and made his way to Yoongi's.

The boy had thrown his blanket over his head so he resembled a snail curled in its shell but Jimin knew he was still awake as light shone from under the white sheet. He tutted; Yoongi should know better. Playing with fire, quite literally, would result in flames, which quite frankly his blanket couldn't afford. He'd already burnt plenty of holes into it.

Jimin tentatively reached for the sheet and lightly pulled it off the boy, who moaned and glared at the younger who had caused his flames to be extinguished. Running a hair through his tousled hair, Yoongi scowled at Jimin and raised an eyebrow in questioning.

"Hey midget! What do you think you're doing?"

Jimin didn't cower. "I thought you'd have learned your lesson from the last time you called me that."

Yoongi had sudden flashbacks of being drenched, the water clutching to every expanse of skin for endless hours. They didn't get extra clothes so he'd been forced to sit in the sodden clothing for the entire day. By the time it was bedtime, he was shivering from head to toe.

Therefore, it wasn't a surprise when he decided to not provoke Jimin. Maybe it was their conflicting enhancements but something about the boy put him on edge.

With a reluctant sigh he asked him what he wanted.

"Move up," Jimin said, nudging the boy.

Yoongi paused, before spluttering and instantly rejecting the idea. If Jimin thought for one second that he would be allowed to even touch his bed, he was delusional. Everyone knew that Yoongi's bed was a sacred place. There were boundaries that should never be overstepped and Yoongi's bed was at the top of the list. However, with a stern look from Jimin, the older gulped and shuffled up giving him space to sit beside him.

At first the awkwardness was overwhelming as the boys sat in an uncomfortable silence, their shoulders slightly touching before Jimin let out a tired sigh.

"Jin told me that you came from an orphanage. That you don't have any friends and that's why you're so 'aggressive'."

Yoongi almost spluttered. It was true, he didn't have friends, but he didn't expect Jin to expose him like that. He didn't answered, just grunted in recognition.

Jimin paused before continuing. "I came from an orphanage too. I know what it feels like to be lonely."

Yoongi's head shot up in a flash, his eyes darting towards Jimin who seemed to have recoiled slightly, his body language screaming tension.

He hadn't expected this. He thought he was the only one who understood the pain of being abandoned and friendless.

Jimin sniffled but continued. "I suspect no one messed with you. You have this aura- it's like your on top of the world and everyone else are your lowly servants. I admire you for that; I never had the courage to stand up for myself."

With that he rolled up his sleeves, displaying the endless scars from years of relentless bullying and abuse.

He pointed to an array of small oval shaped scars- cigarette burns.

"This was from the notorious orphanage bully- his name was Kim Seojun. Everyday, without failure, he would wait outside school for me to come and these," he pointed to another set of small scars, crisscrossing along the top of his upper limb, "were a tenth birthday present. They waited hours for me to arrive only to throw rocks at me."

Jimin's voice didn't falter or shake.

"That's why I wouldn't let you speak to me that way. The reminder was too painful and I refused to be tormented by bullies again. But I don't think you're like that Yoongi hyung. I think you're just as scared as the rest of us. You're just as broken."

Jimin let out a small smile and patted Yoongi's hand in reassurance.

"You shouldn't close yourself off so much; one day you might find actual friendship."

With that, Jimin jumped off the bed and sauntered back over to his own and crawled under the covers.

Yoongi sat in shock. No one had ever spoken to him like that. No one had ever understood the hard times he had to endure. Yet, suddenly, this one boy understood it all perfectly. He couldn't help but feel utterly overwhelmed.

For the first time, since his arrival, he muttered out a "goodnight."

Jimin just smiled.