𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

a/n: this started out as one of my most hated chapters but now it's one of my favourites.
I've missed writing about the boys so much
especially Yoongi, he's such a brat in this book but I love it >.<

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 ]

I didn't have a plan.

In hindsight, lying to Jeno probably wasn't the greatest idea because, for the last three days, he had been pestering me none stop for this elusive plan of mine. In actual fact, I was just as stumped as he was.

There were two major problems: Number one- I wasn't sure if I could even trust Jeno yet. He was the only friend I had in this place but Jungkook's warning kept rattling around my brain like a never ending alarm. Number two- I had no idea where to even start. It was obvious that I had to get in contact with Jungkook's friends because escaping without them would be impossible. We needed backup and the only place where that was going to come from was the people who trusted him. Although Jeno's intentions were unclear to me, he was right in his assumption that the boys wouldn't even receive a message without this 'safe code'.

I was stumped.

The only thing I could do was pretend that I did actually have a plan so, for the last few days, I had been sneaking around the laboratory trying to avoid Jeno at every waking moment. At first it probably seemed as though I was busy but now I had the niggling feeling that he knew I was purposely trying to avoid him.

"Hayeon, are you in there?" I heard Jeno shout from outside my office door.

I sighed in annoyance, rubbing the ball of my hand into my head as I tried to shake my never ending headache.

"I'm here," I replied. There was no point in lying; he'd search the entire laboratory only to return to the office and find me idly sitting here. Then he'd definitely know that I was trying to hide from him.

The office door clicked open and he stuck his head through the crack in the door, his dark hair sticking up in all directions.

"What're you doing, hiding away like a little hermit crab?" He joked, stepping into the room.

"Working," I hastily replied, grabbing a piece of paper nearby. It was only when his eyebrow lifted that I looked down to see a page full of doodles which I had done a few days prior after become immensely bored.

"We obviously have a different definition of work." I blushed, scrunched the paper into a ball and threw it into the nearest waste bin. "You don't have a plan, do you?"

Just as I went to shake my head in resignation, I spotted something hanging from his belt. "Is that a radio?"

He looked stunned before he realised what my question was. Glancing down to his belt, he snatched up the radio and held it out. I hesitatingly took it from him and ran my fingers over the buttons.

"Who does it contact?"

"It's a private radio signal, it's tuned into the Captain and his troops." He replied, confusion reflecting in his eyes.

"Is he still looking for Test Subject 317?"

Jeno nodded and I smirked.

"I'm going to have to borrow this."

~

"Hey guys, listen to this!" Namjoon said, bounding into the room of their new hotel room. Normally they didn't get hotel rooms as they were not only pricey but incredibly small. Sharing a room with 6 boys wasn't enjoyable for any of them, especially when both Namjoon and Hoseok were prone to snoring.