𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

a/n: hello strangers

i'm soooooo sorry about my lack of updates but lack of motivation is just hitting me like a truck at the minute
however, my holidays are coming up and I'll be able to update more and, hopefully, bring the story to a wrap

after all, there's only like five chapters left!!

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ]

"They've been gone too long," Jimin stated, biting his lip as he stood up to peer out of the window for the fifteenth time since the other boys had left.

Hoseok groaned, giving Jimin a point blank look. "They've been gone ten minutes."

"That's ten minutes too long!"

Jimin sighed when he couldn't spot any sign of retreat, allowing the curtain to fall from his grip and slumping onto the sofa with resignation. From the expression on everyone's faces, we were all feeling similar emotions: sadness, anger but, most importantly, worry. Like Jimin had stated, even though it had been mere minutes since Namjoon, Jungkook and Yoongi had left, it felt as if it had been forever. Time really does go slow when you're not having fun.

"I should probably go check on Jin and Taehyung," I announced, breaking the silence. There was a huff of affirmation from Hoseok and I took that as a symbol to stand up and do as I had planned.

With clammy hands, I took one last look at the sorrowful boys sat adjacent to one another on the sofa, before beginning my ascent to the infirmary.

When I pushed open the door, I expected to see the two boys flat out on the beds. I didn't expect to see Taehyung sat up, grinning at me like the Cheshire Cat.

"I thought you'd be asleep," I mused quietly, aware of Jin who was snoring lightly.

Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly. "I couldn't sleep. I was too worried about Jin Hyung."

His eyes flickered sideways towards the ghostly faced boy. As if Jin could sense us watching him in his state of sleep, he turned over onto his side with a small yawn.

"Namjoon said we shouldn't wake him; he's physically exhausted himself. If only I hadn't gotten shot."

The boy puckered his lips before giggling slightly as though he'd made a funny joke.

"About that, are you okay?" I asked, nudging his bed leg with the stub of my toe.

"As fit as a fiddle," he said proudly, puffing out his chest only for a wave of pain to hit, making him grit his teeth in order to suppress the groans escaping his lips. Instantly, as soon as the pain subsided, his gaze flickered upwards as though his suffering was an embarrassing topic.

I decided to change the subject, worried that his humiliation would lead to silence on his part. "I don't mean to be rude or inconsiderate but what actually happened? Hoseok refuses to tell us anything."

Taehyung laughed again, the sound disguised with an underlying sinister tone. "If you're asking how I got shot, it's quite simple actually. One minute we were training and the next minute, we were being bombarded with armed men holding guns. I decided to do a distraction tactic and buy us some time. I don't know if they intended to hit me or somehow thought that my body was one of my duplications but either way, I was on the ground in seconds. After that, it's sort of a blur. Hoseok pulled me out of the line of fire and that was it. Just a void in my mind. I wonder if that's what if feels like to die."