𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

a/n: i can't believe we finally got to this scene >.<

fun fact: this was one of my first chapters I wrote for this book and it's been rewritten soo many times. It's still not great, but I tried hard!

i can't wait to for Hayeon to finally meet all the boys, especially Yoongi who's become most people's favourite character (I don't blame you tbh, we love a sassy king).

hope everyone's had/having a nice day!

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ]

It had been a relatively ordinary day; nothing strange or unusual had happened. Nonetheless, my day had been jam packed with a mountain of different jobs. By the time my lunch break had come around, I had tired myself out completely. Even the cafeteria table looked like a relatively nice place to lay my head. Although it had been hard, it had been a good day especially after last night's success.

That was before the alarms went off.

"What's going on?" I screamed, jumping up from the table and forgetting about my food in an instant. The sound of blaring alarms rang through the room, cacophonous and unbearable, as the lights flashed red. Everyone was in a state of panic even the woman next to me had lost her cool composure, shouting and attempting to bolt towards the exit without regard for the people she shoved in the process.

It was then that I realised that this was no simple alarm- something was wrong with Jungkook.

Jeno had taught me how to interpret the different alarm noises and there was no denying that this was the one they used to create a signal to warn everyone, who knew about Jungkook's existence, that something was wrong.

Without hesitation, I bolted in the opposite direction of everyone else, frantically pushing my way through the chaotic swarms of people.
"Move!" I shouted, not being gentle as I barged down the corridor.

I pelted down the hallway to Jungkook's cell begging, that when I arrived, something terrible hadn't happened. My heart couldn't handle seeing him in any more pain.

However, as I got closer and closer to the cells I noticed that the place seemed distinctly empty to say that the alarm was blasting at full volume. I expected there to be soldiers running to backup and the noises of guns cocking but the only human noise I could here was the clicking on my heels on the marble floor. The whole atmosphere was eerie, as if the place had been abandoned.

By the time I made it to Cell 8, I knew why.

At first it seemed normal until I stepped into the observation room. No one remained in the room which was the first sign that something was amiss. Jungkook was constantly patrolled no matter the time of day. However, oddly, there was no sign of resistance. The computers still stood intact on their desks and the mounds of paperwork still stood in small piles, littered throughout the room. Then, I turned and gasped in horror.

The door to Jungkook's cell had been bashed in and the whole framework had been dented and twisted to an obscure angle. No one had the power to bend steel that effortlessly except Jungkook. Everyone knew that he could break out of the cell with very little effort, it was the soldiers that stopped him from attempting to escape. If he ever managed to smash down the door, he would have been met with inescapable hostility and violence.

This only meant one thing. He'd had help. Bangtan Sonyeondan was here.

I stood in pure shock for a good minute, my mind racing alongside my train of thought. On one hand I was thrilled that Jungkook had escaped; this is what I had wanted the entire time. On the other hand, I was fearful for him. If the guards caught him, he certainly wouldn't be treated lightly. And finally- I felt lost.