𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

a/n: i'm such a mean author; i made you wait so long

ALSO ALSO there's only one chapter left after this one :)

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ]

"Hey, where's Jungkook?" I suddenly asked, turning around on the heel of my foot and searching for the boy. We'd spent the last couple of hours discussing plans to retrieve Jin and, unfortunately, a conclusive decision wasn't even in hands distance despite the heated arguments that had occurred as a result.

"Hmm, I don't know," Taehyung mused, covering a hand over his mouth as he let out a small yawn. "Jimin, where did Jungkook go?"

The aforementioned boy lifted his head up from off the kitchen table and blinked once, then twice. Biting his lip, he shook his head feebly. "He said he was going to get some fresh air."

I couldn't help but feel overwhelming sympathy for the boy. He was seriously struggling with the guilt of failing Jin and his low morale was starting to rub off on us all. Even Namjoon, whose frown was already exceptionally sizeable, had dropped by at least a millimetre.

"I think I'll go look for him. I shouldn't be too long." Jimin didn't even acknowledge what I had said, choosing to pull the hood, on his jumper, over his head as he slunk into the chair. Taehyung simply waved. With a sigh, I grabbed a jumper (I didn't bother to check who it belonged to) and made my way to the front door.

"Jungkook!" I shouted, leaning slightly out of the doorframe and cringing as the cold hit my bare skin. There was an absence of answer and I cursed under my breath. With one last tense glance back to the staircase, I closed the door allowing it to bang behind me. Those boys needed a wake up call; otherwise they'd never have the motivation to save Jin.

"Where did you go?" I groaned to myself, as I trudged through the forest, occasionally tripping over a loose tree branch. I must admit, I didn't feel quite safe exploring the place, with the knowledge that it was the last place I'd seen Jeno but this was the only area I could imagine Jungkook to be. The leaves crunched under my feet as I dragged my feet along the ground. I was really starting to feel the fatigue, from the day's buzz, beginning to kick in. Rubbing a hand over my eye, I yawned obnoxiously and had the urge to rest on a nearby, fallen tree branch. I'm sure Jungkook wouldn't have got himself into too much trouble. Right?

Apparently my guess hadn't been particularly accurate because, only minutes after I'd closed my eyes and enjoyed the peacefulness of the forest, an angry shout erupted from a nearby opening in the trees. Jumping up with sudden ferocity, I raced towards the noise without a second thought. The voices weren't hard to locate. In fact, they were so blaring that I was shocked that the entire forest hadn't heard their little scrap.

There was a grunt of pain and I recognised the low whine instantly. Launching through the trees, ignorant of the gashes that I was scoring into the skin of my face, I quickly emerged into the opening. What I faced, made me pause in sudden shock.

"What is happening here?" I blinked at the scene in front of me, so overcome by shock that I couldn't even fathom a more appropriate reaction. Jungkook scowled at me, his eyebrows pinching in frustration, as he struggled in the restraint of his enemy.

Jeno didn't wield, wresting Jungkook's arms into a lock behind his back. This didn't impress Jungkook who continued to thrash with a brutality I'd never witnessed before. Holding in a gasp, I rushed forward so that I was standing closer to the two boys.