Chapter 2- The Present

2012- PRESENT DAY

LISA

I was busy stacking all the papers that needed to be brought to work when a two pairs of arms wrapped it's way around my legs. I smiled and looked down.

Staring at the two adorable creatures right before me. I sigh.

"Good Morning my babies! How are you? Did you sleep well?"

I crouched down to their level and hug both of their tiny bodies.

"Mommy, Jihyun won't let me play with his bunny. He says I'll just destroy him. That's not very nice. " The little girl pouted while pointing at his brother.

I looked at my son at he said "But Jia has lots of dolls to play with. Why can't she just play with them instead? " He was glaring at his sister.

I just sighed.

"Baby, remember when Mommy told you that sharing is caring right? Why don't you let Jia play with Bunny and you can both play in the living room?"

The two just stared at me. And pouted. The little boy stomped and sulked.

Such stubborn children. I wonder where you get that from? I thought.

I was about to speak when a voice cut me off.

"Mom, you know they won't listen right? These two are weird. I don't know why I'm even related to them. " She continued on while slumping on my bed.

"No we're not. " Jia stuck her tongue out to the older girl. Then she faced me and said "Mommy, Unni Hayul's being mean again!"

I faced the older sibling and eyed her.

"What? I'm sorry ok? Unni is just messing with you right baby J? " She faced the younger ones and smiled so brightly.

The scene in front of me melted my heart.

Yes, it's been 8 years since I left HIM...

And yes, I do have kids. My oldest, a very bright and beautiful young 7 year old named Hayul.

She's spunky and very lively

She's spunky and very lively. A trait which she obviously have gotten from me. My first born, my dearest princess.

It was 8 years ago when I found out that I was pregnant and had to marry at such a young age. It was a very heart wrenching experience- the marriage that was. But I never regretted having this little ball of sunshine.

Hayul but I mostly call her Ella. She was the reason why I left HIM. I didn't want her to grow up being unloved by her father. It wasn't right at all.

When I left, I decided to leave the divorce papers along with the ring and everything I had gotten from my marriage. It was too painful. I packed my bags and decided to live here.