Chapter 5- Family

JUNGKOOK

We were in the middle of partying and drinking to our hearts contents. We decided to go to JIMIN'S bar- La Reoux to relax and unwind.

After that encounter with the lady, I was still shaken up.

I felt like everyday was a struggle to forget everything. But automatically it all boils down to me. I was the one who ruined everything.

As I'm drinking the alcohol, all I could really focus on was the image of a girl. The girl I lost.

I wasn't aware of how the crowd was hyped up over the beat or how  the energy was soaring in the club.

My sole focus right at the very moment was of a blond girl with doe eyes and doll like features. She never left my thoughts and is still hunting me even by day. Woah!

LISA MANOBAN- JEON

My wife. The mother of my child. The girl who I rejected over and over again. The girl that I broke years back.

If it wasn't for a light tap to my shoulder that would continue reminiscing about her.

"Hey man! What happened to you? You've been off since earlier. Are your still thinking about HER?"  Jimin asked. He had a worried expression on his face.

"If you're thinking about Lisa, stop ok?" V said which earned a glare and a sudden hit from Jin Hyung.

"What is wrong with you people? Hitting me like it's normal. I'm just staring a fact ok? If he keeps thinking about Lisa, he'll never move on from her. Ok? " He argued. The others just stared at him like he grew a new set of head.

"Ok. Stop mentioning HER ok? Our sole focus right now is to enjoy and have fun. For God's sake, this is our first hang out in months kids. We better cease the moment at least. " He smiled and drank his beer.

" Yeah! We should party. " Hobi said while dancing to some crazy steps. That made me laugh a little.

"There's that smile. It's nice to see you laugh again Jeon. Welcome back! All it took was some insane dancing from Hobi. You should dance more often Hobi ah. " Ordering Hobi Hyung to dance sillier than before.

"Yo losers! Can you stop with all the heart to heart ass talk and let's get this party started. You guys are such drama queens! Tsk. " Yoongi exclaimed. We cheered and enjoyed talking and drinking together.

It was no questions asked that our group gets all the attention. After all, we are all deathly handsome and rich might I add.

A few girls were passing by and flirting our way but I just can't seem to be interested.

It has always been like this since she left. I became cold towards other people. I do not like to talk to people.

Everything has changed. Really.

I'm not the careless and carefree JungKook that I used to be. I hated looking at girls and seeing her face.

It just fills me with guilt.
I'm pathetic. I know.

While I was drinking. My phone suddenly vibrated from my pants.

I got it and answered without looking at the caller's name.

"Hello. Jeon JungKook speaking."

"Hello Kook! This is Mama. It's about Henry. He was rushed to the hospital. I need your help son. I called your parents and they are on their way. I couldn't call other people because our relatives are all on vacation. I just need company Kook. "..
Panic was very evident in his voice.

"Yeah Ma. I'll be there. Don't worry. I'll come as soon as possible. Just stay calm ok? I'm on my way. "

"Thank you Kook. I'm sorry for troubling you this late in the evening."

"No problem Ma. I'll be there. "

She told me where dad was rushed to ended the call.

The others were looking at me.

"Who was that?" V asked.

"That was Lisa's mom. Dad was rushed to the hospital. I need to go there now. Sorry hyungs. Maybe some other time ok? Family needs me. " I hurriedly stood up. And left our table but a hand grabbed mine.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going? We're coming with you ok? Mr. Manoban is family to us too.silly." RM told me.

"Yeah. Stupid ungrateful brat. Seriously I thought you were matured enough but I was wrong apparently. Tsk." Jin Hyung exclaimed.

I just shrugged and ran to the exit. We rode the car and drove to the hospital.

When we arrived, Mrs. Manoban was there pacing back and forth in the hall. She had a very worried face. When she saw me approaching. She heaved a sigh of relief.

"Ma? What happened to Dad? Where is he?"

" He is in the ICU son. I'm so worried. He just suddenly fainted and I panicked. I didn't know who else to call. He has been going in and out of the hospital for months now. I'm so terrified son. What will happen to Henry? " She sobbed and hugged me.

" Ma, what exactly is wrong with Dad? Why'd you never tell me about his condition?"

" He has leukemia son. I was in denial for the past months but he kept being worst. I just didn't to trouble you or your parents. They would be worried sick for Henry especially Hyunjung. Your dad would never leave his best friend side. I'm sure of it. And Henry wouldn't want to burden your dad. "
Mom explained.

"But ma, this is serious. What if something worst than this would have happened? We had no idea you were in this much pain. You should have told us."

"I'm sorry Kook. I didn't know how to tell you with everything that happened. "

I got it. She was worried because me and their daughter weren't on speaking terms. I haven't seen Lisa and my daughter for 7 years now.

"It's ok ma. But next time pls. Tell me if something like this happens. You are still family to me Ma. "

She hugged me tight. My hyungs asked and comforted mom while I check dad's medical records and accounts. My parents arrived soon after. They were devastated with the news. My dad even couldn't stop himself from crying. He was really worried for his best friend.

Can you believe it? The GREAT JEON HYUNJUNG cried. Maybe because Henry was not only his best friend but his brother by heart. I would feel the same if it were my hyungs.

Just then.

A lady in a white suit came out of the ICU. She approached us.

"Mrs. Manoban?"

" Yes Doctor Kim? What happened? Is my husband safe? Will he be ok? Tell me pls. "

Ma anxiously asked the Doctor.

"Yes. Mr. Manoban is recuperating but he needs to undergo the surgery as soon as possible. He is in critical state ma'am . He asked me to call your daughters to come and I did. They are on their way  as we speak. "

"My daughters? How?" Ma asked confused.

"You mean to say you called Lisa and Ro to come here. Do they know of Henry's situation?" She was hesitant to ask.

"Yes ma'am. I told them. It was Henry's wish for them to know. They are on their way. In the meantime, the patient is transferred to ROOM 143. You can now visit him. "

We thanked the doctor and proceeded to the room. I was still very shocked to say the least.

In the coming hours, I would get to see HER. My Lisa.

I would see MY LISA.

I was going to die of nervousness. God help me!