Chapter 22 - The Change

JUNGKOOK

I noticed the atmosphere became suddenly tensed around me and Hayul. It started out earlier.

While I was busy doing my work, she decided to place my phone on my table without saying a word to me.

It's  as if something changed. She went directly to the room. I checked on the kids and they were fast asleep.

The aura became intended when it was time for us to go back home.

I was talking to them about food

"Hey who wants to get something to eat before we head home? "

The twins jumped and nodded excitedly but to no avail, Hayul remained silent.

"Daddy, can we have icescream also?" Jia asked.

"Yeah, I want chocolate with lots of sprinkles. Can we daddy? " Jihyun asked me.

"Yeah sure. Why not? What about you baby? What do you wanna eat? " I turned to Hayul and she just shrugged.

Jia noticed and came close to Hayul.
"Unnie, do you wanna eat pizza? Like me. "

She smiled at Jia but still remained passive at me.

I was holding the twins on our way out. Then I looked at Hayul and she was just silently walking. Someone's grumpy!

"Baby? Be careful. Stop looking elsewhere and focus on where you are walking. " I told her. She acted as if she didn't hear me.

What did I do? Did I do something wrong?

We were now seated in the Limo and I noticed that Hayul kept glancing outside and was seated as far away as possible from me. What is this? I'm so confused.

She was fine earlier. I just kept observing her and I thought I saw a single tear fell from her eyes.

Ok. What really is happening? Why is she crying?

I was about to ask her when the car halted and it looked like we had just arrived home.

She immediately opened the car and ran as fast as she could to  I don't know where.

I carried Jia and asked.

"Baby, did something happen to your unnie? Why is Hayul not talking to Daddy? "

She just gave me a puzzled look and shrugged. "I dunno! "

Aww Hi. How can you be so cute and clueless at the same time?

I brought the twins to the kitchen and decided to put all the food we have brought home for us to munch on.

I knew Rose and Lisa were home already for it was 7 in the evening already.

I wanted to call them for dinner was ready. So I decided to call them myself.

I looked at the twins who were now ready to devour the pizza infront of them..

"Hey you two! Wait for Mommy and the others before you take a bite of that. I have my eyes on you two. "

They just laughed at me and nodded.
"Wait here a sec. Ok? I'll just call ain't Rose, Hayul and your Mommy ok? "

The two didn't respond.

As I was ascending the stairs, I heard muffled cries. It sounded like Hayul.

I listened and looked for the room where she was.

And stop at a certain door.

It was Lisa's room..

Surprisingly , the door was slightly open so I peeked in

And I saw the most heart wrenching thing I ever saw.

Hayul crying in her Mommy's arms.

Lisa was comforting Hayul while Hayul was trying really hard to stop her cries.

The sight in front of me was painful.

"Baby, why are you crying? Shhh. It's ok. Everything's gonna be fine. What made you cry? Did anything happen at the office?  Tell me."
Lisa voiced out all the questions I wanted to ask.

Hayul was still sobbing when

"Mommy, I wanna go home. I don't wanna stay here. Pls. Can we go to Grandpa's instead. " She cried some more.

Lisa soothed the crying child and looked puzzled.

"Baby, where is this coming from? Why do you suddenly wanna go to Dad's house? "  She patted Hayul's back to give her comfort.

Hayul kept sobbing some more and then the next thing she said just shattered my heart into a million pieces.

"I don't wanna see Daddy. I hate him! "

She cried even louder and just hugged Lisa.

Why baby? Why do you hate me?