Chapter 4- The call

It was a hectic day for everyone. We had a lot of costumers in our restaurant and the place was bustling with loud chatters, laughters and good food. My sister Ro and I were in charge of making all the food.

I was managing two businesses. Our restaurant THE PENINSULA and our family company LFC- our clothing and fashion line. Even though we are far from KOREA, me and Ro still manage the business through emails and phone calls. We even go as far as scheduling meetings here in PARIS. Well, I do not plan on going back to Korea. We are better off here. My parents approved of the arrangements we made. They thought it was best to raise the kids far from HIM.

I thought so too. Or maybe not?

I was busy cooking up a storm when I heard my phone ring. I kept it near my work space so as to hear it immediately. I wouldn't want to miss a chance to call my kids. After all, I am a mom.

I picked it up and went to my office. I excused myself from my staff.

"Hello? Lisa Manoban speaking."

I could hear a lot of people in the background. It was the sound of panic. I checked my phone to see who was calling.

It was an unknown number.

" Hello? Who's calling?"..

" Hi. Is this Mrs. Lisa Jeon?" That name. Ugh! Why call me that awful surname of HIS?

"Ah yes. This is she. May I know who is on the line pls?" I was annoyed but then...

"Mrs. Jeon, I am Doctor Kim Jisoo. Your father's doctor. I have been asked by Mr. Manoban to inform you of his condition. He has been in the hospital for a week now. I'm afraid you need to come here immediately. It is serious. Please do come. The patient is expecting for your presence."

"Wait. My dad? What happened? Is he hurt? Is he injured? Tell me. Pls. " Panic was evident in my voice. Why did no one tell me. Is Ro aware of what is happening?

"He is in a critical condition Mrs. Jeon. He needs to be operated immediately. Your mother hasn't told you because she was worried for you. Pls. Mrs. Jeon, pls. Come. " I was shocked. My father, my very strong and healthy father was in need of my presence and I never knew he was suffering. When we talked on the phone, he was ok. He seemed fine. But I was wrong.

"Alright. We'll go there immediately. Pls. Doctor Kim make sure my dad gets better. I need him to get better. Pls. I'm begging you." I pleaded.

I didn't know why but I felt moisture in my cheeks and that's when I realized that I was crying.

"Yes. I'll make sure of that. Pls. Do come immediately. He needs you. Your family needs you. "  She assured me.

It was clear. I needed to face everything back in Korea. It was for my dad. He was suffering and I need to be there by his side.

My kids need their grandpa well. Me and Ro need our family to be back to the way we were before. I need to get over my issues with HIM.

It's finally decided.

We will go back to Korea.