Chapter 60- The After Party

LISA

The party was slowly dying down. It was probably 11 PM and our guests were all saying their farewells.

Probably tired from the whole celebration.

My husband was carrying the twins and swaying them to sleep.

Ella was sitting right next to me and was visibly laying her head on my shoulders.

The boys were still at it drinking and talking amongst themselves.

Then a light touch brought me to reality,

It was ELLA.

She was looking at me.

"What is it baby? Are you tired and sleepy? Do you wanna go to bed now? "

She shrugged.

"Mommy, I was thinking. Since Daddy and you got married already and everything is all ok now. When are you gonna fulfill your promise to me? " She had those really determined eyes.

Promise?

What promise?

As if realizing that I had forgotten my promise, she immediately said.

"You promised a baby brother right? Remember on my birthday when you and daddy promised. When am I getting another baby brother huh? You said you'd make it happen. "

Shit!

I forgot about Ella's request.

This girl is seriously killing me.

I've noticed how Ella really speaks her mind about certain things and is very persuasive when she wants to be. She was giving me the puppy dog pout.

I scooted closer to my eldest child and patted her head.

"Baby, when the time is right, Daddy and I are gonna be able to give you one but for now, we're still focusing on you three. I mean the twins aren't old enough and I need to make sure they are prepared to be older siblings ok? You know how possessive Lia is and how snobbish Sky can be. Your daddy is also handling the biggest company out there so he has to focus. You understand right Ella? "

I gave her the most reasonable answer.

She hugged me and said in a mellow tone. "I'm willing to wait Mommy. As long as you and Daddy can get along. I'll be willing to make Lia and Sky understand the responsibilities of having little babies in the family. Just as long as you fulfill what you promised ok? "

 Just as long as you fulfill what you promised ok? "