"I'll help you with that"

Friday, 4th December

"Promise me to get some rest when you're home, lay down and take a nap" I told my client as he walked to the door. "Yeah yeah yeah, I truly promise mom" he jokingly responded and opened the door. "See you next Monday then", "yep, have a good weekend" I said and slowly closed the door as he was walking down the corridor, away from my office.

As soon as the door was closed I got back to my desk and took a seat on my chair. I sighed deeply and looked at the picture of me and Luke, which was standing right next to my laptop. We were on vacation back then, in Texas. It was amazing, we'd spend so much time together, it truly was so beautiful.

As I stared at the picture of us my vision started to get blurry and I felt one tear after one another dropping and falling down my red cheeks. Gosh I felt like a little baby, but I just couldn't help it. I just felt like crying. Crying. Crying all the time. I thought it kind of helped though. I just wanted to cry out all of my sadness and forget about those stupid betrayers. I wasn't planning on going to eat lunch, I didn't wanna run into Louise and I didn't feel hungry at all. That's the least thing I was gonna do, oh yeah.

Under all of my stupid crying and sobbing I didn't here the knock on my door and seconds later Johnny stood in my room. "I'm sorry I forgot my jack-... lizzy?" he asked as he noticed me crying. I abruptly got up and wiped my tears away, God this was embarrassing. "Oh yes, ummh, you're right, there it is, haha" I stood up and grabbed his jacket he was looking for from the chair he was sitting in before.

Dude why did he had to leave his jacket, I felt so awkward. It was so embarrassing. I pushed his jacket against his chest and turned my head away. "Here you go, goodbye". I tried to act as normal as possible to get him out of my office again. I turned around and put my hands over my face to cover it up. Even though my client stood behind me I just couldn't stopped crying. I closed my eyes to try stop my tears from falling down, but it didn't help. They just floated out of my eyes. "hey, what's the matter, you're crying" his voice softened as I heard him closing the door.

"I- I'm fine, please go" I told him in a shaky voice even though I already knew he wouldn't just go like that. Why do I always have to be friends with my clients ugh I really did regret being friends with Johnny for those two seconds but honestly, I was happy once he spoke again. "Come here" he almost whispered and he sounded so, so familiar, so trustful, so nice. I sobbed quietly as I turned my head to face him again. My eyes must've looked gross because he immediately looked even more worried. He held out his arms for me and even though I saw he was worried, he slightly smiled at me.

I lagged but hesitantly went to him and he took me in his embrace once I stood in front of him. As soon as he wrapped his arms around me, I felt so much better. I felt so protected and save than I had in a long time. Wow, in a really long time.

"it's Luke, isn't it?" he asked and I slowly nodded my head yes. I sobbed again and leaned my forehead against his warm chest. I cried again and my hands grabbed the material of his black shirt. I felt his big hands, rubbing my back slowly as I cried into his chest. His chin was now resting on my head and we just stood there for god knows how long.

I felt embarrassed but good at the same time. His presence felt so good, I didn't know why all of the sudden. "Listen, if he made you this broken, he's not even worth one of your precious tears, alright?" He said which made me laugh a bit. I didn't want to look at him though, my make up must've been a WHOLE mess at the moment, I could've scared the shit outta him.

I told him the story. Since he didn't have anything better to do and I had lunch break anyway, he decided to stay a bit longer. We sat down on my couch, still so damn close to each other. He held me so close to his chest that I could hear his heart beating in there. It was calm and nice to listen to.

When I told him the story, his fist got more and more tense and I didn't know if he was getting angry or if it was just exhausting to hold me this long. I stopped crying but was still extremely worried about my looks. I know I had much more things to worry about but I just didn't like it if people got a look at me in those conditions as it then was.
It grossed me out.

Anyways, he listened to me very carefully and rubbed my arm gently, the whole time. It felt great to talk about it. "well, I don't know, I may take myself a hotel room or something but I gotta get my stuff and things out of there. This is gonna be tough" I sighed and rubbed my forehead. Only with this conversation I realized that I now had so much to do. "Don't you want to rest first? this really got you and maybe you should just stop thinking about it first, before you should go back there" he told me as he laid one of his hands on the back of my head, gently going through my hair. "I need to get some clothes and all. I don't think I can stop thinking about it if I don't really end it y'know?" I quietly said and sobbed again. I closed my eyes, enjoying the way he still held me to his body tightly. "Okay" he started "I'll help you with that.".

--------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was actually kinda sweet

thank you so much for reading <3
I'm sorry for any kind of mistakes, english is not my first language :)

Please vote & comment what you think!