"the hell you want?"

Friday, 3rd December

"See you later" I said before I hang up my phone and put it back on my desk. Johnny had called me a few minutes ago and asked if we'd go out after I finished work. He suggested to pick me up so we could eat, chill or meet with Emily and Micheal. I obviously agreed.

I don't know why spending time with him seemed so easy when with Luke it only seemed like a difficult thing.
I mean I lived together with that boy.

Anyways, I answered some of my emails since a teenage girl signed up for an appointment and I organized a few things with her mother. I then had one meeting left before I was finally done. I went back to my office and packed my things before I headed towards the elevator.

I smiled at a few colleagues that wished me a good weekend and then pressed the button to close the door. Exiting the elevator I walked straight out of the building and looked through my bag for some lotion since my hands felt kinda dry.

I sighed in disbelief when I didn't find it and searched deeper through my bag until I felt a presence next to me. I turned my head and widened my eyes from shock as I recognized the person.

"The hell you want here?" I asked and stepped backwards. "What, can't I pick up my girlfriend from work?" he asked and smiled at me as if it was obvious.

".... oh, yeah ... right" I murmured and gave up on finding any lotion. "So how have you been?" he questioned and took a step forward again. What the-

"pretty good actually" I answered and crossed my arms over my chest "what about you?".

"Me too, thanks. I moved together with Louise and work has been good as well" he said and intertwined his hands behind his back.

"Great. I have a new boyfriend as well, you know" gooood why did I say this? Sounds like I wanna swagger. I didn't have to prove anything for him.

"Really? How's he? Do I know him?"

"Yes, really. He's amazing, we've been together for 6 months now. And uh no, you don't know him. Not exactly" I stated and scratched the back of my neck.

Luke nodded his head and looked down at his phone screen as he got a message. He sighed and put his phone back in his pants pockets. "She just told me that her meeting will last a little longer. Do you wanna go eat something?".

"What? You're asking me to go eat with you?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows. 'This ain't good, Lizzy. Just go back home, this guy's dangerous!' I thought inside of my head.

"Why not? It's not like I'm a stranger or something to you and I still feel like I should apologize to you." he said and shrugged his holders. "So? You also can decide where we're going".

'This is bad. Run lizzy. Just go. An apology ain't worth it anyway' my mind yelled at me but I was stupid, as always.
"Fine" I sighed and he slightly smiled at me.

I don't know why I didn't feel bad for walking besides him or why I didn't want to see my fist punching his face.

I decided for a vietnamese restaurant that wasn't far away from my workplace. We stayed quiet during our little walk and sat down on a table for two once we arrived.