"Merry Christmas"

Friday, 24th December

"ddaaablllr" Louis exclaimed and pointed to a red present. We decided to let him pick which gift should be opened next. He always went for the bigger ones first. The bigger the better, right?

"Alright sweetie" Melissa grabbed the box and read the name on the card which was Dustin's. It was something I had bought him. Dustin is a super fan of whiskey and he always complains about not finding the right accessories. I bought him 4 whiskey glasses and (I really don't know how these are called but I know that they exist!) something like cubes, but you can like put them in the refrigerator and they stay cold for idk how long, so you don't have to use ice cubes.

"This is amazing, thank you so so much!" he says as he observes the different objects and crawls over to hug me. I giggle and watch Louis stretching out his tiny hands to a coiled piece of paper.

Melissa grabs the paper and reads out my name before handing it to me. It's from her and Dustin, I can tell only by the way she grins at me.

"This better be a voucher and not just a card" I laugh as I remove the gift ribbon. It ended up not being a voucher but not a card either. It was totally blank except for those two red words saying 'Go Outside'. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked at both of them. "What is this?" I asked.

"You'll know after you open this" Dustin said as he handed me a red box from underneath the tree. Still confused, I took the box and opened it. There was a little card saying 'Merry Christmas. I love you' so I figured it was from Johnny which caused a little smile to spread over my lips.

'I hope he's fine' I thought. I then removed the card from the inside of the box and cocked my head when I spotted a key.

'A key? Again?' I wondered and took it into my hands. I lifted my head again and saw Melissa just about to shove her phone back into her pants pockets. She smirked and pointed to my door. Only a second later, I could hear a low sound, sounding close to a car horn.

My eyes widened as I stood up from the ground and sorta ran out of my apartment, down the stairs and then on the street, leaving the building behind me.

I squeaked at what I was seeing on the road and brang a hand to my mouth. And just that random, I spotted my fūcking dream car, standing in front of me with a red ribbon.

I was about to just run to it, obersve it, kind of just faint by what was happening, like omg it was so beautiful

I was about to just run to it, obersve it, kind of just faint by what was happening, like omg it was so beautiful. Until I saw someone exiting the car. I knew her blonde hair, the way she moved and the look on her face.
It was my mom.

"Hey, sweetie, long time no see" she said as she closed the door of the car and walked over to me. I took a step back and bit on my lower lip. It really was her, I could've laughed my ass off. What the hell was she doing here, was she thinking everything would be normal of she appeared inside my gift?

"Yeah, but, what are you doing here?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest. "Wow what a nice welcome" she chuckled waiting for me to crack a smile as well, I didn't. I still didn't move and looked at her with a glare in my eyes.

"Sweetie, I just want to apologize" she sighed "I'm sorry for what I said the last time we saw each other. I had no right to say those things to you or your boyfriend". I looked her straight in the eyes, waiting for that kind of blink that tells me she's only uncomfortable and not meaning a thing she's said. But I didn't find it. She was serious.

"I'm not the one you should tell that".
"Oh, don't worry, I already talked with him about that" she said and smiled a little. I hummed and looked at her confusedly.

"Did you think Johnny bought this car all by himself? He knew you would kill him for that". I actually would. "He called Melissa and me couple of weeks ago and asked for a little grant. I used the opportunity to tell him that I feel sorry about the other day" she told me and opened her arms "I'm sorry".

I hesitated, I knew this nice and friendly woman wouldn't last forever.
But I got to admit that I missed her a lot. 'Let's just enjoy the time she acts that way' I said to myself. I smiled lightly before my mom took me into her embrace and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you, mom" I almost whispered and breathed in her distinct perfume. Something I really did miss.

"Alright who's gonna drive first?" I suddenly heard Melissa from behind us. I turned around and saw the other three exciting the building, all having a big smile on their faces.

"You bought me a damn car, I'm freaking out" I laughed "I'm driving first duh". I grinned when everyone walked up to my brand new car and sat down in the back seats. I took the driver seat and layed both of my hands on the steering wheel. It was a wonderful feeling.

"How long has it been since you drove a car?" Dustin chuckled nervously as he buckled himself and held his son close to his chest.

"Couple of years" I responded with a huge grin on my face as I started the car and pressed my foot on the accelerator.

--------------------------------------------------------------

isn't Johnny just the most perfect
boyfriend one could ever imagine..

thank you so much for reading <3
I'm sorry for any kind of mistakes, english is not my first language :)

Please vote & comment what you think!