"you thinking of someone?"

Thursday, 31th December

"Hey Liz, you want some more?" I heard Melissa calling my name from just in front of me. I think I was lost in my thoughts since everyone was looking at me as I gazed around. Melissa, her husband Dustin, my mom and I were sitting on a huge table that stood on my mom's living room.

The house she owned was kind of a mansion, when we grew up this house seemed like the whole world. It had many different shaped rooms with
different things inside of them, just like the world. But now, when I'd walk from hallway to hallway and from room to room, it seemed so much smaller and more normal than it was before. It was a weird feeling to be back there.

Anyways, during the last week I spent there I lived in my mom's house just like I used to do ages ago. I slept in my old room, had a fight with her almost every day and spent most of the time outside to avoid her presence. It was cute to see that she hadn't moved a thing in my room though. Everything looked just like it used to, like I still was this 19 years old teenage girl who was in love with boy bands and actors. I still was by the way, just not as obsessed as before. I hoped so. When I was outside I'd spend my time with drawing, listening to music and I even jogged a few times in the morning. The place my mom lived at was never really cold. The weather was mostly comfortably warm and nice. The sun wasn't burning your skin like an oven but the wind wasn't airing your body like in my town either. That was for winter, during summer it was getting unbelievably hot there.

That year we four also spent Christmas eve together. My mom had a huge Christmas tree standing in her living room just beside the fireplace. She never really used it, but "it looked nice, so". That's what she used to say about it.

Melissa and Dustin got me a brand new and probably way too expensive camera. If I didn't mention it yet, my life was all over art once I had some freetime. I'd draw, photograph, try to sing and dance ... all those things one could easily enjoy while being alone and admiring mother nature. I freaked out once I opened the box and only hours later I had already taken sooo many pictures.

My mom got me some earrings, telling me exactly how to wear them. "You should put you're hair up into a bun or something while wearing them. But you should still pull out some of your hair in the front of your face since it's .. you should cover up the edges you know, it's not your best feature".
That's my mom trying her best to put insults into nice and invulnerable words. I only nodded my head at her statement, not really giving a shit about her opinion anyway. I stopped listening to my moms objections avoiding to feel like a piece of shit afterwards.

It surely wasn't the nicest thing to do but the three of us tried to renounce her point of view most of the time since we all wanted to enjoy our holidays. The food was gorgeous by the way, I hadn't eaten so good in a long time!

I think and hope I'm not the only one who feels like the week between Christmas and New Years is the most unnecessarily and weirdest time of the year. You wake up, have no clue what day it is and don't really care either because you literally got nothing to do.

So when Melissa asked me if I wanted some more of the pizza we made before and handed me the plate, I nodded my head slightly and let a quick smile cover my lips. "Yeah, thanks. I guess I was kinda daydreaming" I chuckled as I took another piece of our selfmade pizza that actually tasted really good.

"That's all she does lately, don't you worry too much sweetheart" my mom told my sister causing me to blush slightly.

She was right, daydreaming became a usual thing to me. But only because my mind was always thinking of this man I wanted to meet and hug and talk to so bad. I wanted to hear his breathtaking laugh and see his beautiful smile. I wanted to touch his soft lookin' hair and feel his warm chest against my cheek when I'd hug him tight. I just wanted to finally see him again. I missed that strange yet wonderful feeling inside my stomach, chest and heart.

"Won't you two leave her alone, she's had a tough time" Dustin defended me and offered me a warm smile. I smiled back to him and stuck my tongue out to my sister who air-kissed me. I knew she wasn't being rude or something.

My mom poured champagne in three glasses and water in one other since Melissa couldn't drink any alcohol because of her pregnancy. We grabbed our glasses and went outside of the house one minute before midnight. We decided to not light any rockets this year and just enjoy the view of the firework. "10! 9! 8!..." the four of us began to countdown and as the year began and the firework started, we held our glasses in the air and touched glasses with wide smiles on our faces.

"Happy New Year!" I shouted and finally took a sip of my champagne. My mom and I don't have much in common, but when it comes to food and drinks we're almost the same person.

After we all wished each other a happy New Year, we just stood there in silence and watched the firework. It was beautiful, so many rockets shot up in the sky that it was covered with bright and colorful lights. I looked up in the sky and felt my smile, widening just as I had to think of that one person again. I thought of how he was at that moment and where he was. "You thinking of someone?" I suddenly heard Melissa's voice next to my ear. I didn't turn my head or answer but I felt her smirk anyways. Yes, I thought of someone. I missed someone.

--------------------------------------------------------------

it literally must feel so good to really like someone oof

thank you so much for reading <3
I'm sorry for any kind of mistakes, english is not my first language :)

Please vote & comment what you think!