Chapter 2

Before we go any further, I'm going to set the times for when I will be posting Chapters for this book. (The Forgotten Past 2) I will be having them updated every Tuesday and every Friday. I will probably change the schedule in the future to have three updates a week, but right now I'm a bit busy with School. I live in the US, so my time zone may be different then yours, because I know where I live which is CST, it's like 14 hours ahead of the Philippines, so if you think I might have missed the update, it's probably because of the time zones. Most updates will probably be at around 9:15 PM CST or 11:15 AM (Tue/Fri) GMT. Daylight savings time later on will make it 12 HR gap, but that's not till later. This is all I have to say, Enjoy Chapter 2!

_____________________________________________

Manila, Philippines

AC's POV

I've only woken up from my coma a couple weeks ago. Lucky isn't here. He got transported back to Vancouver. I can't leave him. I must be with him. I have no clue of what happened to him. I know he got hit worse then me. We both did get shot, but he suffered injuries before we got shot.

My mom doesn't know really any details about Lucky's current status. I keep pleading her for me or her to call them, but she said no and to get rest. She said we will see them instead.

My recovery is speeding up rather quickly. I should be discharged from the hospital soon. The sooner I can get discharged, the sooner I can get home. I must see Lucky.

The doctor just walked in. She is going to evaluate me to see if I am ready to be discharged.

"Good afternoon doctor." I greeted the doctor.

"Good afternoon Ms. Bonifacio, I am here to evaluate whether or not you can be discharged." The doctor greeted.

"Okay po. I am ready."

"Excellent, I'll remove the cords from you, and I will take you to a different room to evaluate you."

"Opo."

She removed the cords attached to me, I still have the heart rate cord and other cords still attached just incase, but I don't think they are really necessary anymore.

"Can you walk?" She asked.

I put my legs down on off the bed, and slowly came off the bed, attempting to hold my whole body weight up. I did this like two times before, first time, there was so much pain trying to get my feet on the ground, so the doctor stopped and said I wasn't ready.

The second time, I was able to move off the bed, but I wasn't able to hold my own weight without coming fully off the bed, so we stopped again, and I wasn't ready since my body was too weak.

This is the third time, and hopefully third time is the charm, and I was able to get my feet on the ground, and I slowly came off the bed.

So far so good, no pain. Nothing feels wrong. I feel alright. I'm so close to getting completely off the medical bed, and I am able to stand up completely without any pain.

"Excellent. This is already better then before." The doctor said.

"Please take a step forward." She replied again after.

I took a step forward, and my body just fell. The pain spiked, and I wasn't able to walk a step.

"Are you okay?" The doctor helped me up.

"Yes, I'm okay. Does this mean I'm not ready?" I asked.

"Well, you are able to at least stand up without any problems. That's good. Walking,  you are still unable to do yet, but that should be fine. I'll get a wheelchair, and we can continue with the evaluation."

"Okay po."

Ugh, Thank God. I don't know how much longer I would be able to stay here without being more and more worried for Lucky.

The doctor went to go get a wheelchair, and I sat on the medical bed again, waiting for her to return. My mom went to go get lunch for the both of us. She said she might miss the evaluation, and she is right, but it doesn't really matter anyways. I hope I can get discharged and leave this place already. I just need to see Lucky. It's all I could ever think about since I woke up from my coma.

The doctor has came back in the room with the wheelchair, she helped me sit down into it, after she started pushing to the other room for evaluation.

The other room wasn't that far. Just on the other side of the floor luckily. She helped me up into the exam chair, and she sat down into her exam stool.

She did the normal examining stuff like I have at an annual physical exam. She checked for any pain near my stomach area, my chest, and tested my reflexes, and more.

"Are you able to squat?" She asked.

I got up from the chair, and stood on the ground, and made a squat, with no problems.

"Excellent, okay you may sit back down, and  just need to check your eyes."

"Okay po."

I got back on the wheelchair, and we went out of the room, and into the hallway where there is one of those eye charts with letters you see at the eye doctor.

"Okay, can you read the letters?"

"Yep, most of it."

"Most? Okay, can you read the last line of letters you can read?"

I read the letters, I know for 100% they are right, I wasn't able to read them all, mainly because I already need glasses or eye contacts, but I have neither right now. My mom has my glasses, but she's not here, she's still out getting lunch, or she's back and waiting for us, and my contacts are back at the hotel, but that room is still closed for Investigation.

I finished the eye exam, and the doctor took me back to my room, I got back up on the medical bed, and adjust myself to be on the bed comfortably.

"Would you like to here what you got? Or wait for your mom?" She asked.

"Wait for who?" I heard my mom said from out the door, and I started smiling.

"Mom!" I greeted her.

"Hello anak, hello doc." My mom greeted.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Bonifacio. I have my evaluation ready."

"Okay, how did she do?"

"She is...

Cliffhanger! What do you think will happen? Will AC get discharged? Or will she have to wait longer? Find out next chapter!