Chapter 16

AC's POV

Ugh, it's only 8:00 AM, and I'm so tired. I'm not use to the time difference yet, and in the Philippines, it would start to be getting late, and this is throwing off my entire schedule. I really want to go back to sleep, but I know I must not. If I want to visit Lucky's parents today, I have to wake up early. I put all my strength to getting clothes, and going to the bathroom. This is really difficult for me to shower like this though with my leg still in a weakened state. It's my first time basically showering outside of the hospital, however I started getting the hang of showering by myself on the last day, before I was discharged.

I finished showering, got dressed, and did my hair and makeup, not too much makeup though, since I don't need to over do it on makeup.

I opened the door of my bathroom, and bedroom, and I just realized a problem that I won't be able to solve without any help. The stairs. Everyone is still asleep, and I don't want to wake them up. I pushed the wheels of my wheelchair back into my room, and I'll just wait till everyone wakes up.

It be awhile till they wake up, and now that I think of it, we can visit them in the afternoon, and I still feel a bit tired anyways. I still feel jet lagged. I need to get crutches so I can bring them down the stairs, because I can't bring my wheel chair down the stairs.

I went back into my room, and hopped back in my bed, and before I knew it, my eyes were closed and I started dozing off to sleep...

11:00 AM

I opened my eyes, checked my phone, and the time is reading 11:00 AM. Everyone should already be up. I overslept a bit, I was hoping to probably just take a power nap of 1 to 2 hours, but I guess my body needed more. At least I feel more energized then earlier. I did feel awake earlier, but not as much as now.

I got back onto my wheelchair, and rolled out to the hallway in front of the stairs.

"Good morning Anak!" My dad greeted me.

"Mornin' Papa!" I replied.

"Here, let me help you down the stairs. Your food is ready."

"Thank you, what time did you guys get up?"

"Around 9:00, you seemed so tired that we didn't want to wake you."

"Okay, thank you."

"Everyone already ate, and I've told your Tita Angelica, and Tito RoRo that we would stop by for Lunch."

"Okay, what time?"

"Around 1:00."

"Okay, where are mom and Ace?"

"They went shopping for groceries. Cherry is going to cook and bring food for Lunch."

"Alright, thank you for the food."

"You're welcome Anak. I'll just heat it up a little bit while you wash your hands because it's a little bit cold."

"Okay, thank you."

I washed my hands, and my dad heated up my food, I think he and mom cooked it earlier while I was still asleep. I went to the table after washing my hands, and my dad gave me my plate, filled with Rice, Bacon, Eggs, Sausages, and another plate with two pancakes.

"Thank you Papa." I told him.

"You're welcome anak." He replied.

I grabbed the silverware from the sides of the plate, and started eating. This is so delicious.

I finished eating, and put my plate in the sink along with my silver eating utensils. I rolled my wheelchair over toward the couch where my dad was currently sitting at, and watched TV with him.

Lucky's POV

I woke up about two hours ago, and my dad got me some food that is from Burger King. He got me these "French Toast Sticks" which do not look very French at all, I don't even know what French is suppose to look like. I just know their flag, but I'm just keeping this as an inside thought, because this already sounds pretty stupid, and if I ask anyone this, they'd probably laugh at me. I have so many questions I want to ask people, but I don't want to because they sound stupid.

I finished up my French Toast sticks, and my dad is going back home to take care of some stuff. He said he will be back later, and I have a lot of stuff to learn today. My mentor is teaching me things today that I previously learned, so I am relearning them, and now I'm in a middle school level for my subjects. My mentor said before I even know it, I would already be back at a high school level that I originally way at.

I'm currently learning Algebra and Geometry in this book, and later I'll be practicing essay writing and something called annotating. I'll get use to it eventually.

Two Hours Later

Knock Knock Knock

"Come in." I responded to the door knocking.

The door opened, and my friend Travis is here.

"Hey Travis!" I smiled.

"Hey Lucky! How are you doing?" Travis greeted me.

"Good, how about you?"

"Great, thanks. What are you doing?"

"I just finished learning for today. For English and math."

"Nice, what do you plan on doing with the rest of your day?"

"I don't know. I actually haven't thought about it yet. If you weren't here, it would have probably been napping and sleeping all day."

"Well, looks like I changed that for you, unless you want me to leave."

"Oh no, no, no, you can stay. This is way better then doing that anyways."

"So what do you want to do?"

"Well, what if you told me about my past?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, well you know more about my past then I do currently. So just tell me anything, my friends, family, school work, sports, or whatever you want."

"Let me think..."

Here's the ending for Chapter 18, and I hope you enjoyed. Leaving it off on a cliffhanger for you to think what will Travis talk about. Not really too big of a cliffhanger, but still. Either the next chapter or the one after, things will start to spice up. Well, stay tuned for the next chapter!