Chapter 8

AC'S POV

My mom just got back with food. She brought back Pancakes, Sausage, and Hashbrowns from McDonald's. I thanked my mom for the food, prayed, then I ate the food in bed.

I can't believe today is the day. Still we have to make a trip back at the place Lucky and I were staying at because I need to go retrieve my stuff before we go back to Vancouver. Probably not going to be going back there when we return back to the Philippines. Too many memories will be held there and it would just be sad.

"The Nurse said you can change whenever you are ready." My mom said.

"Okay mom, thanks." I replied.

I've been wearing many different gowns, I think they are, for the entire time I was here. It'll be different wearing normal clothes I've worn like weeks ago then now. I didn't think I'd ever be in a hospital bed this long. I hope this never happens again. This was a long painful experience that I'd have to face for the rest of my life, and I'll be scared with it.

I finished my breakfast, and got out of bed, into the wheelchair, and into the bathroom. My mom already put my clothes in the bathroom, so I just locked the door, and changed. It is very difficult to change while in a wheelchair. I don't know how other people do it, but this was very difficult.

I finished changing, and moved back onto the Hospital Bed. We were waiting for the doctor to do one last examination so that I would be able to be discharged, but I think the doctor is busy at the moment. They kept saying something in the intercom, and I didn't know what it was, but I'm assuming that is where the doctor is at right now.

One Hour Later

Finally, after an hour, the doctor came in to check up on me. I was allowed to be discharged, and we could go now. What seemed like a very long time in the hospital, and now I'd be able to leave.

My mom filled out paperwork again before we left, and we're now out by the emergency entrance of the hospital. My mom called for a Driver to drive us to the hotel, then to the airport.

"Are you Mrs. Bonifacio?" A man asked.

"Yes, bakit?" My mom asked?

"Hello po, I'm your driver. Kyle Reyes."

"Hello Mr. Reyes, this is my daughter."

"Hello." I said.

"Hello, here hop in the car." He said and opened the door.

My mom and him helped me into the car, the driver put the wheelchair into the trunk, and my mom sat beside me in the back.

"Okay Ma'am, saan tayo pupunta muna?" The driver asked.

"Here." My mom said and showed him the address on her phone.

"Okay po, shouldn't take too long." He stated and started driving.

10 minutes later

We're here now, after 10 minutes, there was a lot of traffic already so it took way longer then expected. Everyone is getting to work around this time, so it should hopefully clear later on when we're heading to the airport.

I moved to get out of the car, the driver opened the door for me and got my wheelchair. I got into the wheelchair, and I pushed myself inside the door. My mom is right behind me, and I still somehow have my key card in my purse despite everything I've went through. I assumed it would have been stolen when I was kidnapped, but it was not.

We went through down the lobby, and to the elevators. I called the elevator using the button, and there was one down here already. We went inside, and pushed the floor number we were going to, and started going up.

The elevator door opened, and we went to the room. At last, back here. My mom's room and Tito RoRo's was across the hallway from mine and Lucky's room, and I used the key card, and opened the door.

Most of everything appeared to be moved from the last time I was here, both probably from police investigating, and also when Tito RoRo went to get Lucky's stuff.

I went straight to the bedroom, and grabbed the suitcase from the closet, and started packing my things. My clothes were scattered in many places, and even under the bed. I remember when Lucky found my hidden stash of dirty clothes underneath the bed. I felt so embarrassed. I still remember that day like it was only a week ago.

Ugh, the memories... This room holds too many memories of Lucky and I, and it's starting to make me tear up. Luckily no one is in the room right now. My mom went to her room to pack her stuff, so I'm the only one in here.

I miss him so much. He proposed to me to be his girlfriend so long ago, back in Chicago. I still couldn't believe that day. I didn't know what to think. My heart started pounding and I started crying again. After everything we've been through, we still stood strong. No matter what got through our way, we overcame it. We are a powerful duo. Being a  couple only made us stronger, more close to each other.

I tried to pack more of my stuff into the suitcase without thinking of anything else, but it's too hard. My emotions want to explode right now I'm about to turn into a waterfall.

I finished packing all my clothes, and the rest of my things. That was too hard. I won't have to come back here at least. It's better I don't remember this. I keep telling myself this knowing well this will be scarred into my brain forever and It's stuck with me. I started moving toward the exit, and took one last look at the room, all the memories... And I opened the door, and left to not see the room again...

AC is taking a trip down memory lane, she will soon be heading back to Vancouver, and we will see how things play out when she arrives and find out how Lucky is doing...