Chapter 39

Lucky's POV

The Mall

My mom just dropped me off at the mall, I went to the spot that the group told me to meet up at, and no one is here yet. I thought I would be late, but luckily I was the first one here. I said I would also wait for AC at the entrance, but there are like multiple ones, so I told AC to text me when she is almost here and to text me the entrance of which one she is at.

I waited for like 5 minutes before someone showed up at the spot.

"Hey Lucky!" A voice called out.

I turned around, and I saw Travis waving.

"Travis! Hey man, how are you doing?" I said.

"Great, how about you?"

"I'm doing quite fine for myself. So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing, just did my homework and really haven't done anything today."

"Same, when was the last time you all hung out?"

"Not too long ago... Maybe like 1 or 2 weeks ago."

"That's good, also I do have a question for you, don't tell it to the others because I'm too embarrassed to tell or even ask them."

"What is it?"

"Did you by any chance know who Andree was?"

"Andree?"

"Yeah, you told me about her and AC did at the hospital."

"Oh yeah, what about her?"

"Was she close with our friend group?"

"Yeah, she is close."

"Why hasn't she like shown up yet? She's not dead right?"

"No, definitely not. She's just busy. Sometimes she could be here, and other times, she might be in a different country like the US."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"Like 3-4 weeks ago."

"Oh really? Do you know when she will be back?"

"Nope, her schedule is basically random, and also she doesn't share it too much with us or anybody really. She might've shared it with you before but I don't know for sure."

"Okay, well if she does end up coming back, can you let me know?"

"Yeah, is there a particular reason though you are so interested though?"

"It's just mainly because it sounds like we were really close, and I don't want to lose that friendship because I ended up forgetting about it."

"You won't, trust me. You will end up building it back up stronger then it was before."

"Maybe you're right. Only when I meet her I will know for sure."

Message from AC

A- I'm here at the north entrance.

L- Okay, on my way.

A- Alright.

"Hey Travis I'll be right back, I'm going to pick AC up from the entrance." I said.

"Okay, you want me to go with?" He asked.

"You can go if you want, or just incase somebody ends up getting here, you can also stay here."

"Okay, well I'll stay, but if you need help, then either call or text me and I'll be there."

"Alright, I'll be back."

"Yep."

I walked toward the North Entrance, luckily all the spots in the mall are labeled with the map, and I shouldn't end up forgetting where I just came from. The mall is a pretty big place, and luckily I didn't get lost right when I walked in.

I walked outside, and there is AC in her wheelchair.

"Hey AC!" I said.

"Lucky! There you are!" AC replied.

"Your dad is still here?"

"Yep, he was just waiting for you to show up before he left."

He waved to me, and I waved back at him in his car.

"Behave guys and have fun!" Tito Arnold said as he started to drive off."

"We will! Thanks!" We said.

I pushed AC's wheelchair inside the mall, and we headed towards the meeting place.

"How have you been doing?" I asked.

"Good. Just bored. How about you?" She replied.

"Busy with homework sometimes, other than that, yeah I'm fine."

"That's good. You know we don't have many more days of school left right?"

"Yeah, I heard the hardest time is the couple days before school ends because that's when these finals start appearing."

"Yep, do you know what finals are?"

"Sort of, could you try explaining it to me just so I know I am on the same page as you?"

"Alright, basically it's the biggest grade you are graded upon. It usually is whatever you learned in that class throughout the school year. Basically like a big test and if you do bad on it, you will get a bad grade for the entire class, but if you do good, then you get a good grade."

"Alright, that sounds like what I thought it would be. I think I'll be fine with it, would you be good?"

"Yes of course."

"Alright."

We arrived at the meeting spot, and a couple more people arrived.

"Hey guys!" AC and I said.

"Hey AC and Lucky! Are you guys feeling better?" Ben asked.

"Yep, better than before!" AC said.

"How much longer are you going to be in the wheelchair?" Kyla asked.

"At least a couple days. I still have to keep my leg healing."

5 Minutes Earlier

Unknown POV

"Sir, the Bonifacio family's car stopped here at the mall."

"Keep tailing them. If AC gets out, proceed to tail her."

"Sir Lucky Ancheta is also here and they are parting ways with AC's father."

"Tail them. Keep assessing the situation and if you find a time where they are alone, execute your move and remember, do not harm them. You bring them to the hospital again and you will be in for it."

"Yes sir."

End of chapter, hope you enjoyed, and stay tuned to see what will happen next chapter!