Ivy Week

"Good morning students. I ask all of you to show a little sympathy for our junior class. They are almost through with Ivy week" one of the chairman announced at the assembly.

This week was the most grueling week for Maddie. She had to outdo all her peers for the top spot. For a school her father wanted her to go to.

"As is our long-standing tradition, the Constance Billard girls will be in charge of tonight's mixer, and the Saint Jude's boy will provide the ushers for the visiting representatives" the other chairman explained.

Maddie sat in the pew concentrating on the cuticles of her finger nails. She remembers the conversation with her father this morning.

"Convince Yale they need you" her father said.

"I know dad. I just hope it doesn't piss Blair off" Maddie responded.

"Screw the Waldorf's. You, Madeline Rose, deserve to go to Yale" he said. Maddie rolled her eyes and headed to school.

Maddie was drawn back to reality when everyone began to exit the assembly. Just as she exited the church Serena came running towards her. Serena was late to school like always.

"Did it end?" She asked Dan who mistook it for their relationship. Maddie rolled her eyes at his naiveness, it was a trait he had that made him stand out the most from the Upper East Side Elites. One that made him stand out like the sore thumb at school, with peers and most importantly with Serena.

The girls were let out early while the guys at St. Jude's had their usher interviews with the ivy representatives.

Maddie would have loved to take this early day to her advantage, going shopping, explore the city but instead she headed to the Ostroff Treatment Center for one last counseling session.

She walked into the building sat with the counselor for a half and hour. They discussed the progress she had made and how her temptations have been.

Once Maddie was finished she exited the building. She rounded the corner headed to the right almost at the end of the street when she decided she would go get a lunch from her favorite cafe a few blocks down the other way.

As she turned on her heel she saw none other than Serena walking her way. She quickly dashed behind some large bushes and watched as she entered the treatment center herself.

Once Maddie thought the coast was clear she quickly sprinted past and headed towards the cafe.

Unbeknownst to her was that Chuck was hiding in a limo across the street and had captured everything on his camera.

After her lunch Maddie headed back to the penthouse to get ready for the Ivy week party. A fancy mixer that allows the ivy reps and the students who were privileged enough to go to persuade the school to give them admission.

"Madeline" her father called from the kitchen. Maddie headed downstairs dressed in her robe as she began to do her hair and makeup.

"Your pant suit was just dropped off. You almost ready?" He asked looking at his wrist watch.

"I'll be down in fifteen tops" Maddie responded sprinting up the stairs with the dry cleaning in hand.

Fifteen minutes later Maddie and her father hopped into the limo and headed to the party. The two walked in and her father instantly headed to the Yale rep.

"This is my daughter Madeline. She's looking forward to studying at my alma mater" Her father expressed. Maddie stood there with a smile.

As the conversation continued Maddie excused herself. Blair came swooping over to Maddie's side.

"You're thinking Yale as well?" Blair asked.

"It's my father. Believe me you can have it" Maddie said before walking away to Chuck who had a sinister looking on his face.

"Can I help you?" He asked with a drink in his hand.

"I don't know you tell me, that look says you knowing something I don't" Maddie sassed taking of the sip of the drink in her hand.

"Let's just saw your not as innocent as we think" Chuck mentioned before walking away. Maddie was left alone, stumped by the words that were just spoken.

She was whisked from her thoughts as Blair made her way onto the raised platform.

"May I have everyone's attention?" Blair shouted. The crowd stopped talking and turned their attention towards her.

"Welcome again to the Constance Billiards/ St. Jude's Ivy week mixer. I'm Blair Waldorf, chair of the community outreach commitee" Blair began. The crowd erupted into clapping.

"Every year, our schools chooses to support one local institution that we feel benefits our community. This year our schools have to chosen to honor the Ostroff Center. This semester out choice has been a very personal one, because the center has helped one of our own" Blair announced.

Maddie's skin instantly began to crawl. She was about to make her way out of the mixer when a hand snakes around her waist.

"Don't leave just yet. You'll be pleasantly surprised" Chuck whispered into Maddie's ear.

The two stood next to each other hearing the rest of Blair's speech.

"Can I please have Serena Van Der Woodsen on stage" Blair smirked.

"Your secrets safe with me" Chuck whispered once more. Maddie slipped out of the place and hailed a cab home. She was humiliated that out of all the people Chuck Bass knew her biggest secret.