Halloween

Halloween. To the average college student it was a time to dress slutty and drink the night away. For Chuck Bass it was a sign the holidays weren't too far behind.

"We're 183 on Travelocity right behind the holiday Inn LaGuardia" Chuck explained to Maddie as they walked in to the empire.

"That bad? With the holidays approaching fast what's the plan?" Maddie asked.

"I'm not sure yet. Without those masses from the travel site I am at less than 20% capacity for the holidays"

The two were now in the center of the lobby looking around.

"I know you want to do things right but maybe open up the club. It would definitely bring more attention to the hotel" Maddie suggested.

"With all my liquid assets tied up in this hotel, I have to make sure everything gets done right. The club seems like a good idea but is it the best idea for right now?" Chuck asked.

"Well I have faith you'll figure it out. I have business law class in an hour so I have to get going. See you later" Maddie said giving Chuck a kiss on the cheek before leaving the hotel.

As Maddie walked into the dorms Chuck had texted her saying he was opening the club for the biggest Halloween party.

"So I was thinking we hit the frat party at NYU first and then the other party later in the night" Katy explained as Maddie shoved her books into her bag.

"Actually what if I told you we were attending the biggest party tomorrow night" Maddie said to Katy who was intrigued.

"Where?"

"Chuck's club, it's going to be a grand opening and Halloween bash all in one. What do you say?"

"I won't turn that down. I think we need better costumes for the party" Katy suggested holding up the cliche cheerleader skirt she had planned to wear.

"Let me worry about the costumes. I'll see you after class" Maddie said rushing out of the dorm. Maddie walked to class enjoying the last of the fall days in New York City before it became winter.

She stepped into her large auditorium like class room taking a seat in the middle. She pulled out her notebook ready to take notes.

A half an hour in Maddie became quite bored with the lecture. It was nothing wasn't already aware of. Her father taught her early the legalities of running a business.

She in high school would dabble with reading cases on real estate and such. Maddie deciding it was okay to zone out grabbed her phone to check her texts and notifications. After all Gossip Girl could strike at any time.

A message from Chuck had peaked Maddie's interest. The text read:

Held up on the liquor license. Might not be able to serve alcohol tomorrow

Maddie wanting to help Chuck had decided to call someone in hopes of expediting the license. After class on her way back to the dorm she called her father knowing he had connections that could get the license instantly.

"Look I'm calling for a truce. You get Chuck the liquor license for the club and I will stop searching for my mother" Maddie had proposed on the phone. Her father liking the deal had accepted and made a call to a friend immediately after the two end theirs.

Maddie walked back into the dorm slightly exhausted.

"Hey how was class?" Katy asked turning her focus away from the homework she was completing.

"Boring as always. Finishing up homework?"

"Just about done"

"Great want to grab dinner?" Maddie asked Katy. Maddie knew Chuck was beyond busy with the club and didn't want to be a distraction or a bother.

"Sounds good" Katy said. The two grabbed their bags and headed out for the evening.
———
Maddie and Katy walked back into the dorm room to find Chuck seated at Maddie's desk chair.

"I'll come back later" Katy whispered turning around. Maddie smiled at her before closing the door behind her.

"I can to say thank you. I also come bearing a gift" Chuck softly said standing up from the seat. 

"Can I ask what the thank you is for?" Maddie asked walking towards Chuck.

"You've been patient with me and my business dealings. You also had faith in my the whole time, reassuring me I could do this on my own. I just got the liquor license. Thought I would bring your costume for tomorrow night as a thank you gift" Chuck said kissing Maddie's cheek.

"Chuck this is gorgeous" Maddie exclaimed as she pulled the vintage flapper dress out of the neatly wrapped box. Maddie in that moment also began to feel slightly guilty. Guilty that she had called her father for help.

"I look forward to seeing you in that tomorrow night" Chuck whispered before leaving.
———
The next evening Maddie and Katy headed to the club.

Maddie stepped out onto the short red carpet that lead to the front door. Instantly photographers called her name demanding a pose or two. After a few shots Maddie caught up with Katy who was waiting next to Serena.

"Oh M look at you" Serena greeted at the door. Chuck had hired her for her PR skills.

"Chuck gave it to me"

"You look amazing" Chuck said as she kissed Maddie. "Come I want to show you around" he said snaking an arm around her waist.

I'll see you inside" Maddie responded back to Serena. Katy followed the two inside.

"Katy can give us a moment?" Chuck asked. "Nate here will keep you company"

Chuck grabbed Maddie's hand and lightly brought her to the corner.

"I found out the liquor license you so thoughtfully procured is a fake" Chuck stated.

"What? Look I only went to my dad so you could have what you wanted. I didn't think he would stoop so low as to get you a fake and... get you in trouble" Maddie said.

Maddie looked at the bar to see the alcohol was still flowing. "Why is the club still open if the cops show up-" Maddie began.

"I already called them. Why not blow up the hottest party of the year" Chuck said.

"Genius" Maddie responded.

"Look I have to tend to something but we still have things to discuss" Chuck said. Maddie looked at Chuck for a minute before he walked away. Maddie went to find Katy.

The two were dancing and drinking the night away when the cops showed up.

"Shit we have to go" Katy whispered as she began to panic.

"Don't worry. I was waiting for them" Maddie said. The two watched at they evacuated the party and began to collect the alcohol.

"Party's over" the cops announced repeatedly.

"Katy let me take you home" Nate said. Katy accepted leaving Maddie with Chuck.

The two watched as they cleared it out and chained it up. Sealing it closed from the front.

"Sales are already up 50%" Chuck boosted to Maddie as they walked around the club.

"Look I'm sorry for going behind your back I was just trying to help" Maddie said still feeling guilty.

"While I understand your intentions were pure. I need to be more cautious as to the moves I make. This stunt could have costed me everything" Chuck lectured.

"Look I promise I won't do anything behind your back. I especially won't be involving myself with my father anymore either"

"Great so what do you say we go upstairs and you show me that dress. I have a feeling Katy and Nate are occupying your dorm anyways"

"Wouldn't want this dress or night to go to waste" Maddie said pulling Chuck towards the elevator.