Held Hostage

"Sign here" a voice shouted. Maddie opened her eyes to Louis and his mother on one side of her bed with her mother and father on the other.

"Sign here. Make the marriage official or the dowry is to be paid" Sophia Grimaldi threatened.

Maddie could barely make out her mother and father  but could tell they were looking hesitant at each other.
As Maddie continues to blink her vision improves. She's able to see her mother.

Genevieve, her mother takes the pen quickly signing the paper before handing it her father, David, who didn't look too happy.

"Sign it" Genevieve muttered to David. He looked at Maddie who tried to say something but could barely speak with the foam neck brace on.

"Madeline are you okay?" Louis asked grabbing her hand the moment he noticed she had awaken.

The nurse came in and removed the foam neck brace since she was cleared for any spinal damage.

"You're okay" Louis muttered once more pushing the hair out of Maddie's face. Tears began to steam down her face as she heard her parents and Sophia talking about the marriage being finalized.

"Mrs Grimaldi?" The nurse said. Maddie looked at her.

"You've been cleared to leave" she said handing over the papers to Louis for him to fill out.

"If you're not up for the reception the two of you can skip to the honeymoon" Sophia said. Maddie looked at Louis.

"No the guests are probably waiting" Maddie said. She exited the hospital bed still in her dress with Louis clinging onto her.

As the exited the hospital cameras and paparazzi bombarded them at once.

"The Grimaldi's look here" people shouted. Maddie put on a smile for the cameras before slipping into the limo.

The ride was silent until Louis decided to speak out.

"You know my mother asked me to wait until after the honeymoon but after hearing about your little talk with Chuck today I couldn't wait. This marriage will be strictly for the tabloids. In private we are strangers. Until you give me a son we will hold to the agreement. If you try to break it off your parents will have to pay the dowry" Louis explained.

Maddie knew she should have left the wedding when she had the chance.

"You almost had your son. If it wasn't for the paparazzi" Maddie muttered.

"Ha, you didn't think I knew about your little paternity stunt. I called the doctors office after I found the letter. I wouldn't have raised Chuck's to be my own anyways" Louis stated.

In that moment Maddie's heart dropped.

"You're lying" Maddie said.

"I wouldn't have sent those paparazzi if it was mine" Louis laughed. Maddie began to ever regret meeting Louis.

"You and your mother are sick people. If money's what you want I can get you money" Maddie said.

"The money for the dowry is more than you'd ever be able to pay off" Louis countered. "Now put on a happy face for the reception"

Maddie held back the tears as the limo door opened. Louis grabbed Maddie's hand ushering her into the ball room.

"Welcome the Royal Prince and Princess, the Grimaldi's"

Everyone erupted into cheers. Blair and Serena looked so happy. Nate and Dan were smiling as well.

"Congratulations" everyone said as Maddie and Louis made their way around the room thanking everyone for being in attendance.

"Georgina?" Maddie said shocked.

"Wouldn't miss my best friends wedding" Georgina sung giving Maddie the biggest hug.

Maddie gave Georgina a look that meant she wanted to talk in private.

"So tell me all about the honeymoon you have planned" Georgina said dragging Maddie away from Louis.

"Georgina I need a divorce from Louis. A secret one. He can't know I asked. Oh and please don't tell anyone about this. Not even Chuck" Maddie whispered.

"Wow didn't think this marriage would end that quickly"

"Georgina I'm serious"

"Fine. I'm happy to help an old friend"

Maddie smiled before walking away and joining Louis.

Just as Louis and Maddie were sharing their first dance a gossip girl notification went off.

Breaking News: Madeline Rose hasn't even been married for 24 hours and is already looking to divorce the prince? Guess she was just after the fame!

Maddie looked around to see Nate, Serena, Blair and Dan looking confused.

"M what is this about?" Blair asked showing her the phone.

"Georgina" Maddie muttered.

"Is everything okay?" Louis asked playing the innocent game in front of Maddie's friends.

"I just need a moment to breath. Alone" Maddie urged pushing past Louis and Serena and walking towards an exit.

Maddie looked around to find a young girl around her age loading dishes into a van.

"Sorry to bother you but could you help me with something?" Maddie asked her.

"Oh ah. Congratulations on the wedding princess" the girl stuttered.

"Call me Maddie"

"Lola. I just finished loading the van how can I help?" Lola asked.

"I need to escape from my own wedding" Maddie said. Lola looked confused before she heard cameras clicking and voices approaching.

"Hop in" Lola said.

"Thank you!" Maddie jumped into the passenger seat ripping off her veil and throwing on the baseball cap.

The two drove by unsuspecting to the paparazzi.

"Thank you again" Maddie said taking the hat off and letting out a breath.

"Can I ask why you are running away from your own wedding? Oh and where should I take you?" Lola asked.

"Newark Airport but first we need to stop at my hotel for my passport. The room key leads to the penthouse. It's in my suitcase. Just grab the whole thing" Maddie said to Lola passing her the room key.

"Uh are you running away? Can't you just get your own stuff?" Lola asked.

"The paparazzi will be at the hotel. Take the back entrance. In and out in less than 10. I'll double your pay for the whole wedding" Maddie said trying to obtain the help of Lola.

"Fine" Lola said driving to the hotel.