Escape

Lola pulled up to the airport dropping Maddie off at the terminal.

"Thank you again. Here put your phone number in and I'll be sure to double that pay of yours" Maddie said handing over her cellphone.

Lola grabbed the phone and entered her number before smiling and driving away. Maddie who had changed in the car walked into the airport looking less like a princess bride and more like a normal airport civilian.

"Hi I need the first plane ticket out of the country. Anywhere really except maybe Monaco or Germany" Maddie said looking around and behind her frequently.

"Hold on" the ticket saleswoman said. She walked away from the desk and into a room.

She returned a few minutes later with a police officer behind her. Maddie began to panic thinking Louis had made calls to airports before her arrival.

"Come with us please" the woman said. She hadn't looked up any tickets or given Maddie any information on the next available flight.

"Oh no you don't understand. I need to leave immediately" Maddie tried to explain. "Seriously Canada is slightly colder at this time but it will do"

"Ma'am just follow me please" the woman said once more. The police officer had come behind Maddie practically forcing her to follow.

Maddie followed the woman as she lead her to a private room. The police officer still following behind. The saleswoman opened the door and ushered Maddie in before closing it behind her.

The room was slightly darker than Maddie expected and there were two chairs facing the wall.

"I'd knew you were planning on leaving the country the moment we spoke" Georgina said standing up from the seat she had been waiting in.

"Georgina. I told you to help with the divorce not follow me to the airport" Maddie announced. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you"

"I'm trustworthy alright. I went and spoke with your father at the wedding after we talked" Georgina said.

"Your father, he didn't actually sign the marriage certificate at the hospital. He had a feeling you weren't happy with Louis" Chuck spoke out as he made an entrance.

"Georgina I told you not to tell Chuck" Maddie said.

"I didn't. I told you, I went to your father and he explained that Chuck was already two steps ahead of me. Which is surprising since I'm normally ahead of everyone" Georgina explained.

"Your father overheard our conversation this morning. He didn't actually sign the papers with his official signature making it null and void on his end" Chuck explained.

"My dad did that?" Maddie asked sitting down confused.

"I just want you to be happy that's all" her father said. Maddie rushed up to him giving him a hug. Despite all the past problems he was still her father and in more ways she needed him than she could live without him.

"I'd like to maybe rekindle our relationship if that's okay with you" her father asked.

"I'd like that" Maddie said. She took a step back remembering she had just ran away from a wedding.

"So my marriage to Louis is?"

"Nonexistent. You two are not legally bonded and you are still a Rose" her father announced. Maddie sighed a breath of relief.

"I think you have so catching up to do" Maddie's father whispered to Maddie. He gave Georgina a look that meant it was time to leave for her as well.

"Thank you for your help" Maddie said to Georgina and her dad who left the room leaving just Maddie and Chuck.

"I have an extra ticket to Mauritius. Would you like to come?" Maddie asked Chuck holding up the plane tickets she had for her and Louis for their honeymoon.

"I'd love to" Chuck said wrapping his one arm around Maddie while wheeling her suitcase with the other.

"First class on a commercial plane. I guess there's a first for everything" Chuck joked as they approached the gate.

"My mom must have booked this. She was probably hoping people would snap photos of us on the plane for the tabloids. Help spread the word we were married" Maddie said.

The two boarded the plane immediately celebrating Maddie's freedom with a glass of champagne.