Becoming a Princess

Maddie walked into the castle feeling extremely jet lagged.

"Madeline is that you?" her mother called out as she descended down the grand staircase. The railings were wrapped in garland and the castle was decorated for the holidays.

"Merry Christmas" Maddie greeted as she hugged her mother.

"We have so much to do before your coronation to become princess. Are any of your friends coming?" Her mother asked.

Maddie hadn't told anyone about this. She knew she wanted to make the decision on her own without anyone influencing her.

"No everyone had plans for the holiday" Maddie explained.

"Well nothing to worry about. We have plenty of people coming and only 48 hours to prepare. Come we have a dress fitting now"

"Wait two days? I thought I would have a little more time than that" Maddie expressed.

"It's been planned for a while now. We can't change the date" her mother said.

"I have a photoshoot in New York, for a book featuring the families of Manhattan. I'm representing the Rose family alone. It's a big deal"

"Madeline the commitment needs to be here at least for the coronation ball" her mother sighed.

"I can leave at midnight. Be there in the morning ready for the shoot. Please mother"

"You have to be back by Monday" she said before hurrying off the to the dress fitting.

———
Two days later:

Maddie was currently in her custom made coronation outfit ready to accept the duties of being a princess she walked into the ball escorted by her date Louis.

Her mother had secretly planned this with his mother.

"You look stunning" Louis boasted as she offered his arm to her. Maddie smiled and wrapped her arm around his.

The two walked into the ballroom to find everyone from all over the world had gathered to be here. The first song played and instantly Maddie knew what routine to dance.

Her princess boot camp had paid off and she was dancing like all the others in the room.

"I'm happy you came back" Louis gleamed. Maddie swaying to the music smiled.

"I'm happy to be back. Although having to leave for New York tonight is kind of a bummer"

"You'll be back in no time. Plus I'll be waiting"

"Come with me. Tonight. It will be fun"

"I can't just leave. I have duties here" Louis said. Maddie's face turned from a smile to a frown. Was this what she was going to experience as well?

"Hey it's just because I have something's to tend to. I would if I could" Louis said lifting Maddie's chin.

The two continued to dance throughout the night until Maddie noticed it was just about to strike Midnight.

"I have to go" Maddie said rushing out of the now almost empty ball room and down the stairs to the limo waiting out front.

Maddie's heel slipped off but she continued with no time to spare. She jumped in the limo that instantly took off for the private small airport just outside of the town she resided in.

Louis stood on the step with Maddie's heel in hand.
———
The next morning Maddie walked in to the photoshoot. A woman with blonde hair escorted her into a room with a dress on a mannequin.

Maddie stood there practically drooling over the gorgeous dress.

"It looks like the dress Diana wore the day after she became a princess" Maddie said as Chuck walked in.

"It is. Figured it was fitting for you to wear today" Chuck responded. Maddie turned around facing away from the dress.

"I was hoping you'd wear it in the photo with me. The Bass and Rose family photo combined...... you know you don't need to be a princess to have a prince" Chuck softly said to Maddie.

"So you heard about the coronation" Maddie muttered.

"Who didn't. You're on every front page imaginable"

"Chuck. I don't love you anymore. I'm taking the photo by myself" Maddie said grabbing her garment bag and heading to another room where she got changed.

"Bass Rose?" The photographer asked.

"No just Rose" Maddie said. She placed herself in front of the fireplace and posed for a few photos before switching with Chuck.

The two exchanged a glance before Maddie continued on her way. She exited the photoshoot at once to be met by a limo that wasn't hers.

A man stepped out with a gold box in hand.

"Louis?" Maddie questioned.

"Madeline"

"I thought you couldn't come?"

"I cleared my schedule. So this is New York" Louis said looking up at the skyscrapers. "Oh this is for you" he said handing her the box.

Maddie slid the top off to reveal the other heel she had left behind.

"My Prince Charming" Maddie softly mumbled before hopping in the limo with Louis.