Secrets Revealed

Maddie after having a disaster wedding, moving back to New York and missing the deadline for spring semester had been left with no choice but to get a real job. She was hoping this would help prove to her dad she was worthy of making a name for herself.

Unsure of what she wanted to do Nate had offered her a reporting and writing job at the spectator.

Maddie walked into the office coffee in hand ready to write up a story about almost being royalty when Nate stopped her.

"Maddie can we talk?" Nate asked from his office doors. Maddie shook her head and walked in closing the door behind her.

"Is something wrong?" Maddie asked.

"No actually we have an investor coming today. They were hoping to get a sneak peek at your piece you were working on. I was hoping you'd be willing to share" Nate explained.

"Of course. I just want to thank you again for this opportunity"

Maddie excused herself from Nate's office sitting down at her seat. Across from her desk was Serena's where she was writing S by S column. Her first article was featuring a story about Ivy Dickens.

"Mr. Mackenzie. This is Serena Van Der Woodsen and Madeline Rose. Two of my top writers with two of the biggest columns" Nate introduced. Madeline smiled shaking the potential investors hand.

"Madeline Rose the almost princess of Monaco correct?" He asked.

"Indeed. About to publish my first article on my almost fairy tale life" Maddie said.

"That's great to hear. Two exclusive writers with exclusive stories. You'll be hearing from me" the investor said. Nate gave both Serena and Maddie a quick smile before walking the investor out.

"So what's the first article going to be about exactly?" Serena asked.

"I'm not sure yet. I was thinking maybe talking about the royal secrets first" Maddie explained.

"Can't wait for it" Serena said before typing away on her laptop.

Later that night Maddie was at the Empire hanging out with Monkey, waiting for Chuck to bring back dinner when her gossip girl notification went off.

Is Ivy Dickens becoming a true upper east sider? Heard she's writing checks to keep her fortune.

A minute later another one popped up.

Madeline Rose may think she has all the royal secrets but I am one step ahead of her. How about we start off with the Grimaldi's trying to pull the same stunt the British Royal family pulled. Death by paparazzi.

Maddie looked mortified. Her article idea had somehow been leaked to gossip girl.

A few minutes later and Nate walked in ending a phone call.

"I understand Mr. Mackenzie" Nate said before ending the call.

"Nate I-"

"I asked you to do one thing. Keep the story exclusive. You couldn't even do that" Nate shouted.

"Nate I didn't release my story" Maddie tried to intervene.

"Well it doesn't matter what you did or didn't do. He pulled out. If you'll excuse me I have to go save a company. By the way you're fired" Nate said as he headed to the elevator that Chuck had just exited it from.

"What was that about?" Chuck asked confused about what had just taken place.

"I was fired for releasing my story to gossip girl. The only problem is I didn't do it" Maddie said.

"I just found out that Jack Bass didn't donate the blood after all" Chuck said. Maddie looked at Chuck quizzingly.

"Then who did?" Maddie asked.

"That's what I need to know. Andrew Tyler I need you to look into the lady with the locket again. Find out where she was the night of the accident" Chuck said into the phone.
———
The next evening Maddie and Chuck were about to grab dinner together when Nate asked the two to accompany him in Brooklyn to attend the Salon of Dan and Blair.

"It better be good" Chuck whispered as the two hopped into the limo.

The three walked in to find people conversing.

"What are you three doing here? I don't remember inviting you guys" Blair muttered through her teeth.

"Nate invited the two of us" Chuck said to Blair before escorting Maddie to the table where Serena was seated.

"Lola?" Maddie questioned.

"Oh it's you. Thank you again for the pay raise. I actually wasn't expecting it" Lola said.

"No you deserved it" Maddie said before grabbing a glass of wine that was being passed around.

Maddie was about to ask Serena what she was doing at the party when Diane Payne walked in.

Serena and Diana headed to the back room to have a private conversation while Lola got up practically following.

"More wine" Blair said pouring red wine for everyone. Maddie bored with the salon guzzled down the drink immediately.

Maddie watched out of the corner of her eye as Chuck pulled out his phone watching a live streamed video of Diana and Serena talking.

"I'm Chuck's mother" Diana said. Chuck threw the phone down.

"Is it true?" Chuck asked as Diana shamefully walked out of hiding.

"Yes Charles, it is" Diana softly said as she took a step closer to Chuck.

"Don't" he snapped. "Just stay right there. You have been in New York for months, inviting me to parties, hiring my friends, hanging out in my apartment, in your underwear! Banging my best friend" Chuck continued getting even more heated as he continued.

"Please Chuck. I can explain" Diana begged.

"I can't do this right now. Or ever. I can't" Chuck announced grabbing his coat and heading out. Maddie got up to follow him stumbling from the wine she had gulped down.

"Chuck wait" Maddie called out as Chuck was about to shut the limo door.

"What's real?" Chuck asked.

"Just relax. We can figure this out" Maddie slurred.

"Let's forget about her and worry about you. You'll be even drunker in an hour with the amount of wine you sucked down. Come on" Chuck said helping Maddie into the limo.

The two back at the Empire with Chuck making Maddie a coffee while she changed into comfier clothes.

"Chuck I- you need to leave" Maddie shouted at Diana as she stood in the entrance way.

"Please let me explain"

"It's okay" Chuck said emerging from the kitchen. "I may be angry but I need to know the truth" Chuck said.

Chuck told Diana to sit on the couch while he gave Maddie the cup of coffee and set her off to bed before she caused any harm.