Battle for the Art

Maddie exited the cab outside of the art gallery handing the driver more money than required for the ride.

"Thank you" she said before stepping closer to the building. Before entering she opened her email to see the artwork she was bidding on tonight.

"Surprise surprise" Chuck whispered from behind into her ear before kissing her neck.

"Oh I'm so glad you're here. I need to buy a certain piece of art tonight"

"So do I"

"I take it the meeting didn't go as planned?" Maddie asked.

"The secretary didn't do her research. I know how to get into the good graces. There's a photograph I need that's up for auction tonight" Chuck opened the book revealing a bright pink sticky tab on the same photo Maddie needed.

"I should have known. That's the same photo I'm in need of"

"Look Sean MacPherson has a whole wall of photos filled with ones like this. I need this to show him I have respect for his history"

"Chuck look I haven't been quite honest with you cause I knew it would be a distraction from your work. I'm scheming without you and yes I've felt horrible about it. I'm looking for my mother and this well help procure the first part of my answer"

"Look I'm sorry but I need this. Plus I could buy that answer for you. A little gift to say I'm sorry for being so busy?" Chuck seductively stated.

"May the highest bidder win" Maddie said shaking Chuck's hand. "Oh and for your sake you better pray I win or no celebration tonight" Maddie whispered with a wink before walking into the building to get herself a paddle.

Chuck couldn't help but smirk before straightening out his tie and his face.
———
Maddie headed back to the dorm to change for the auction looking classy and ready to bid.

Serena's limo picked her up and the rode together.

"Ugh can you believe out of all the people Chuck needs the same photo as me"

"Why don't you just let him have it. I bet he bribe the old secretary another way" Serena said.

"I suppose but I just don't want Chuck thinking I give in during any sign of a battle. I need to show I'm just as in control of my life as he is"

"Just don't let this get too carried away" Serena suggested. The flashing of cameras made it aware to the two that they had arrived.

The limo stopped and shortly after the door was open. Maddie stepped out taking a photo or two before walking away from the paparazzi.

"Just wanted to say good luck. You'll need it" Chuck said to Maddie. Serena rolled her eyes at the childish behavior the two were exhibiting.

"I need a front row seat" Maddie said. Chuck followed after her.

The two sat down next to each other in the front.

"So how do you expect to outbid me?"

"I don't" Maddie whispered as the bidding began for the photo. Maddie raised her paddle back and forth competing with Chuck.

She slowly placed her hand on his thigh slowly moving upwards.

The bidding began to climb higher in price and Maddie had only been prepared to spend $10,000 at most.

"Enough I need this" Maddie whispered still raising her paddle.

"No, I do" Chuck sternly whispered back raising his paddle as well.

"You don't need it. You don't even need a partner your Chuck Bass. Successful on your own. He'll only bring you down" Maddie whispered.

"Since when did you need validation from your absent mother to know your loved. I could hire all PI's in the world just to help but know that I love you"

The two in that moment realized that they didn't necessarily need the photo themselves.

"Sold $7500 to buyer 9-1-5" the bidder announced. Maddie and Chuck exchanged a look of shock with each other.

"I guess we both lose" Maddie said. The two looked behind them to see that the buyer was none other than Serena.

"What?!" They both exclaimed in unison.

The two got up at once and followed Serena.

"S, what are you doing?" Maddie asked.

"What are you two doing. Sabotaging your relationship over a picture"

"Well we both lost so I guess it's fair" Maddie said. Chuck's phone began to ring and he stepped aside to answer the call.

"Here. You know what to do with this. Although I have to say you and Chuck your two wrongs weirdly make a twisted right" Serena said before walking out of the auction.

Maddie huffed, Serena was right. Chuck deserved the photo more than Maddie would ever. She walked back to the Chuck who had just ended the call.

"It's not worth meeting my mother if I don't have you by my side. I want you to have this" Maddie said passing over the photo.

"You're giving up?" Chuck asked.

"I wouldn't say giving up. Just giving you a reason to believe in yourself like I believe in you" Maddie said. Chuck smiled and took the photo.
———
The next morning Chuck had asked Maddie to meet him at the Empire Hotel.

"You want to talk here?" Maddie asked. Chuck walked towards Maddie wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I had a brilliant idea last night thanks to you. Why think small when I faith in myself. So I bought the hotel"

"A club is one thing but a hotel?"

"I met with the board. I cashed out all my shares and am risking it all. I want to do this myself... with you by my side"

"I meant what I said last night. I think this is a bold step"

"There's a penthouse with our names on it. Now what do you say, let's christen my new legacy"

Maddie and chuck crossed the street walking into Chuck's new hotel.

"I think you've lost your mind" Maddie squealed at the two kissed in the elevator ride up to the penthouse.