Paparazzi

Maddie was back in Monaco forgetting all about her problems that lie in New York.

"Your mother will be okay with the news?" Maddie asked Louis as the two walked towards the grand room where they were about to announce their baby news.

"So will be elated. Don't worry" Louis said kissing the top of Maddie's head.

Maddie had given Louis the news the night she returned from New York. He was beyond excited.

"Louis, Madeline what have you gathered us here for?" Sophia, Louis' mother asked. She was seated next to Beatrice Louis' sister.

"Mother, Maddie and I are expecting" Louis blurted out. Maddie clung to Louis' arm afraid of how the news was going to be taken.

"Oh this wonderful. Your child will be the next heir" Sophia rejoiced hugging the two.

"Congrats, the deliver wing needs to be prepared" Beatrice said to her mother.

"The delivery wing?" Maddie asked.

"Oh it's tradition for the baby to be born here in Monaco. Once the child is 8 they will be sent off to boarding school in Switzerland" Sophia informed.

"Louis I wasn't expecting boarding school. I was thinking maybe Constance/St. Jude's  in New York. It's a great education and one where we can still be present in our child's life" Maddie whispered pulling Louis to the side.

"Is there a problem Madeline?" Beatrice asked.

"I just don't agree with the boarding school" Maddie spoke out.

"It's tradition" Sophia said shocked.

"Mother maybe we can divert from tradition. Maddie received a great education in New York" Louis said.

"Nonsense, traditions aren't meant to be broken" Sophia said sternly.

"Mother"

"Enough Louis. A contract will be signed by Madeline that states traditions are to stay intact. If the contract isn't signed you two will no longer be allowed in the palace" Sophia said before walking away.

"Louis I won't sign those papers"

"Maddie I won't risk the throne"

"I need some time to think" Maddie said walking away. She could hear footsteps behind her.

"Alone" Maddie said once more before running off towards one of the many guest rooms.
———
Two weeks later....

Maddie had practically locked herself into a guest bedroom not willing to talk to any Grimaldi.... until now.

"Open up please Madeline" Louis begged knocking on the bedroom door.

"Let's talk" Maddie said ushering him in before closing the door behind him.

"I need you to sign this"

"Really this is what you came in for. You should know I wouldn't sign it" Maddie said sounding defeated.

"Is this because of the guy back in New York?" Louis asked.

"What? What would make you think that?" Maddie asked.

"I heard you talking to him. The first night we fought about this" Louis explained.

Maddie sat on the edge of the bed with the unopened paternity letter in hand.

She felt unloved and lost with her life. She dialed the one person she had hoped would change that.

"Maddie?" Chuck answered.