Five Years Later

"Mrs. Bass your next appointment is here" the secretary informed.

"Send them in please" Maddie said trying to organize her notes from the last meeting.

"Please take a seat" Maddie said without looking up from her laptop. She could hear the door open and close.

"I heard your company just bought a prime property on the upper east side. I was interested in buying it" Chuck said as he walked in with Henry who had flowers in hand.

"For you mommy!" The soon to be four year old sweetly said.

"Chuck! You did not have to make an appointment with me to stop by" Maddie said surprised.

Maddie gave a kiss to Henry on his cheek. "My sweet boy. You have fun today with daddy?" Maddie asked.

"I actually blocked out the all of Monday's appointment slots. Nancy, your secretary agreed to letting you have the day off " Chuck revealed.

Maddie smiled placing away all of her things on her desk. She slowly stood up revealing her almost 7 month baby bump.

"I should just email one more client before we leave" Maddie said rushing back to the desk. Chuck grabbed Maddie's hand stopping her.

"Come on we have a wedding to get to" Chuck muttered.

Maddie and Chuck both had extremely successful and demanding jobs. The two, however, promised each other work would never come first. Their relationship and soon to be family would be the main priority.

"I'm done" Maddie said throwing her hands in the air. Chuck lifted the boy while Maddie ran her hands through his hair.

"What did you do today?" Maddie asked Henry.

"We got lunch together and took Monkey for a walk" Henry explained.

Maddie and Chuck walked out of the office with Chuck mouthing a thank you to Nancy.

"See you all Tuesday" Maddie said to the employees.

The three walked out and opened the limo door to be met by Monkey.

"Hey monkey" Maddie cooed petting the dog.

"Where to?" the driver asked Chuck.

"We have to stop home and get ready first" Chuck said ushering Maddie and Henry into the limo. They arrived at the building Maddie and Chuck had bought together.

A fresh place, a fresh start. The Empire carried too many memories both fond and foul. Maddie's old apartment overlooking Central Park was too small for the soon to be family of four.

The two had bought an expensive penthouse spanning three floors with enough space for more than a few children. The location was perfect as the children could walk to Constance/ St. Jude's.

Chuck and Maddie wanted to keep tradition alive. Constance/ St. Jude's provided an education the two couldn't refuse while also allowing them to keep an eye on their children.

The three got out with Chuck and Henry holding onto Monkey's leash.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Bass, Henry" the doorman greeted. The second door man retrieved their private elevator.

"Don't forget we promised to host Sunday brunch at our place this weekend. I need to call the caterer" Maddie mumbled looking through her phone.

"Already done" Chuck said. Maddie smiled.

"Henry we have to go get dressed. Aunt Serena and Uncle Dan are getting married today" Maddie softly spoke to the child.

"Mommy can I wear my suit that matches daddy?" Henry asked. The two chuckled. Like father like son.

"Absolutely. Bring it to our bedroom so we can get changed" Maddie instructed as they climbed the stairs. Henry running down the hall one way while Chuck and Maddie heading into their bedroom the other way.

As Maddie walked in the wedding photo from her and Chuck's wedding caught her eye. Serena has snapped it just moments before the cops took them to the station. "Where does the time go?" Maddie asked as she placed the picture frame back down.

Chuck wrapped his arms around Maddie's stomach kissing her neck.

"We were naive for waisting time" Chuck whispered.

"All I ever need is right in front of me" Maddie whispered back as Henry ran in dragging his matching suit.

Maddie smiled as Chuck went to help dress Henry. She couldn't envision her life any other way.

She quickly hurried throwing on the dress she had laid out before rushing into the limo with Henry and Chuck to Serena's place.

They walked in to Blair finishing the last touches.

"It looks amazing" Maddie said while giving Blair a hug.

"Thank you" Blair smiled back.

The three walked further in to be met by everyone else invited.

"Henry" Lily rejoiced.

"Grandma" Henry happily shouted running into her arms. Seated next to her was William. Chuck and Maddie knew that their children needed grandparents, ones that weren't in jail or manipulating. Lily and William had agreed the moment the two asked.

"Look at you. You don't look more than four or five months" Lily said giving Chuck and Maddie a hug.

"We can't wait to meet her in a few weeks" Maddie said placing a hand on her stomach.

"Sorry I'm late" Nate said walking in and greeting everyone before kissing Blair his wife.

"Is she nervous?" Maddie asked Lily.

"No but I am" Lily commented. William patted Lily's back suggesting for her to relax.

"She's ready" Blair said having everyone sit down. Dan walked in behind her.

Rufus and his wife sat next to Lily and William. Nate and Blair shared a seat with Chuck, Maddie and Henry on the other sofa. Georgina and Jack in the corner and Jenny and Eric right next to where Dan was standing.

Serena came down the stairs in a gold and white wedding dress with the biggest smile plastered on her face.

Maddie looked around at the people in the room. She truly was living her dream life.