Chapter 1 - I'm Still Alive But I'm Barely Breathing

My Unearthing Miracle

Chapter 1- I'm still alive but I'm barely Breathing

I felt this weight off my shoulders as I began to sink. As I begin to sink to the bottom. The sea it was so blue., everything was becoming so clear to me. All my life was filled with lies. When you watch "The Little Mermaid" they make you believe that fish can speak. That under the sea is where you want to be, the life where you have no worries. It most certainly is NOT! When I look around all I could see around me was water. The fish would swim away from me as fast as they could as if I would hurt them. Is this how people are going to see me? Am I some kind of monster. Who even am I? I began to drift in and out of consciousness. As I get closer to the seabed my body begins to jerk trying to gasp for air but I only get mouth full of water instead. I don't understand why this is taking so long. Shouldn't I be dead right now?

Two months later

"Damn it Jesse, she has been in a coma for almost three months she's gone already." Ella shouted out so her fellow students and friends could hear her. She looks around at them all sitting in separate corners of the office staying clear from each other as the room remains in silence " we tried to save her but it failed. We were too late. Get your head out your ass and realize that."

"Ella, I am not giving up on her. I know we tried to save her and we couldn't but I love her... This is not the end." Jesse begins to say to them all gently as he looks over at Kathryn laying on the red cushioned sofa. " You should just leave you never liked her in the first place. You were too busy fixating on what was his name again oh yeah Wilson Hartell. You let her get away and now look at her she is bloody well dying and I can't do anything to save her. This is all your fault!" Jesse Hale shouted back as he let lose an old cannon angry that they are in this position.

"If you two idiots don't cut it out I will personally throw you out that window myself" Greg Tanner the vice principle of VanderVall Academy slams his hands against the desk he is sitting at having had enough of the constant bickering. "If she doesn't wake up I can assure you both that you will be left at the school and the rest of us will get the antidote to save Kathryn." He scowls at them all in hopes this will get them all to remain silent and do what they are told for once.

Jesse and Ella both looked up to Greg, Jesse portrays a look of guilt on his face then walks away back beside Kathryn praying she will open her eyes. Ella tilts her head at Greg and crosses her arms at him getting the sense there is something Vice Principle Tanner isn't telling them. Greg keeps staring at Ella until she walks away and sits down on his brown leather couch in his office.

"Listen up everyone that includes you Danny Phratteli. We all know what it's like to be who we are, it's not simple but we grew up with our own kind Kathryn didn't. She was adopted by humans with mortal blood, they taught her everything they thought was necessary for her to know but they did not teach her the one important thing. Our ancient past, our descendants, she must learn from us she must control her gifts she must use it for the good not the evil. She did not get taught this because she was mortal, she was born with blood flow, in her veins just like the rest of you were but there is many things we don't know about her. We estimate she will awake within the next few hours, these hours are most vital. In order to save her we risked what we needed too and she is one of us now." Greg begins to announce them all when Danny interrupts him.

"What do you mean you risked what we needed too?" Danny interrupts him as he raises his eyebrows at him looking for answers.

"We may have just brought a war to our front door." Greg confesses to them and he can see their faces drop at the sound of his words " Once she awakens death will follow her everywhere she goes. She is going to be the most powerful immortal we have ever seen" Greg shares with them giving them bits of information about the girl they hardly know and risked their lives for.