Chapter 30-Birthday Wish

VanderVall Academy - Wednesday 6th December, 2017- 3.21am

Public Pool -

Kathryn is laying on the cold concrete beside the pool, Her head is turned looking at the water  while the blood pours out of her head. While her body is positioned like she made an attempt to make it to the door. 

Kathryn's Dream World- 17 Years and 8 Months Ago

Ophelia comes running down the school corridor in a fret the look of fear written all over her face. She barges Justin's bedroom door open and walks in slamming it behind her. Justin jumps up out of his sleep in a fright and sees Ophelia stood at the edge of his bed.

"Ophelia what the hell are you doing here?" Justin asks her as he sits up on his bed looking at her confused.

"We need to talk" Ophelia says to him with a serious tone in her voice

"Can't it wait until breakfast or class?" Justin asks her just wanting her to leave his room so he can get more sleep.

"NO, Justin it can't wait" Ophelia shouts at him in anger. Justin looks at her worried sensing something isn't right.

"What's going on?" Justin asks concerned about her and he sits up on his bed. 

"I'm pregnant" Ophelia confesses to him as she puts her hand on her stomach feeling the heart beat of her baby.

"What do you mean?" Justin replies to her in shock not fully grasping at what she is getting at.

"Knocked up, bun in the oven. I'm pregnant with your baby" Ophelia reveals to him looking down at her stomach .

"Are you sure?" Justin questions her feeling doubtful that this is real

"Yes Deadly" Ophelia answers him and walks over to him. She takes a hold of his hand and puts it on her stomach.

"Just listen" Ophelia instructs him.

Justin closes his eyes with his hand on her stomach and listens not expecting what to hear. Within seconds he can hear the baby's heartbeat and moving at the touch of his hand.

"How is this possible?" Justin asks her feeling confused having this never happened before

"I don't know"Ophelia shakes her head not understanding any of it either only that in nine months time she is going to have a baby in her arms.

Ophelia lets out a little smile to Justin then she turns her head, the room turns clouded and Justin disappears. The room transforms into the pool area where a young Ophelia sees Kathryn laying in her own blood ready to give up. She walks over to her body and kneels down beside her and puts her hand on her back and gently shakes her.

"Come on Kathryn you have to wake up" Ophelia begins to say attempting to wake her daughter not understanding how she knows this girls name or why she feels an urge to protect her. "The longer you're out the more vulnerable you are. Please just wake up" Ophelia begs her continuing to gently shake her.

"It's okay to be afraid but you have to wake up sweetie" Ophelia encourages her.

Young Ophelia puts one hand on her stomach and keeps the other on Kathryn's back and closes her eyes wishing that she would open her eyes. Praying that it wouldn't be the end for this poor innocent girl who had no idea who she was. Not knowing how important this young girl laying in a pool of blood would be.