Chapter 24- The Hidden Connection

VanderVall Academy - Wednesday 29th November,2017- 8.32am

Zackery's Chambers-

Zackery wakes up in bed with his arm wrapped around Cindy Docherty one of the school's smartest Witches. He slides his arm from out under her and sits up, he rubs his face with his hands in attempt to wake himself up. He pulls the duvet off him and goes over to his wardrobe pulling out black boxers, socks, black jeans and a white polo shirt. As he walks to the bathroom and slams the door shut behind him making sure that it wakes up Cindy. When he comes back out fully changed and hair gelled to the side he sees Cindy sitting on the end of his bed fully clothed.

"You're awake" Zackery points out as he walks past the bed.

"Do you want to go to lunch later?" Cindy asks him wanting to see him on a daily basis

"Nah, I'm good" Zackery replies as he walks over to his chair and sits down.

"How about we skip class and sneak into town?" Cindy offers wanting a little bit more fun.

"Look Cindy, You're a really great girl but i'm really not interested in the whole relationship crap" Zackery informs her as he pulls his black trainers onto his feet.

"You're a right Jackass" Cindy scoffs at him as she gets up and storms out the room

"Yes i am, but i don't care" Zackery shrugs his shoulder not having a care in the world.

Zackery's Inner Voice

I get what i'm doing to these girls isn't nice, having a new girl in my bed every night doesn't look good but it's fun. I'm young and I'm having fun and what is wrong with that. Yeah i'm being a jackass but everyone around here knows my reputation so don't come to me if you want to settle down because it's not going to work like that and certainly don't go running off crying when i tell you i don't want a relationship because my intentions are always well known and clear. I'm never going to be the guy who settles down, It's just not me. I have no intentions of it and honestly i couldn't care.

Flashback- 12 years ago

Montana- Sodair Children's Hospital -

Eight Year old Zackery is laid in bed with a bald head hooked up to iv and machines. His skin is a pale yellow colour as he lays there with his mother by his side barely able to keep his eyes open. His skin tender with every touch which makes it painful even to sit on his bed. 

"Tomorrow i was thinking we could get some of that green jello that you like" Niomi Martinez suggests to her little boy as she grips onto his hand hoping and praying that he can get a little more of life.

"Mom, I don't want Jello" Zackery replies to her shaking his head ever so gently feeling weak and deflated.

"But it's your favorite" Niomi reminds him feeling confused to why he wouldn't want.

The doctor comes walking in with Zackery's dad Victor Martinez, Victor has the look of pain and guilt written all over his face as he goes over to his wife and sits on the seat beside her. Doctor Joseph Rhodes closing the door behind him allowing the family to some privacy.

"I think it's time we have a serious talk with you all" Doctor Joseph Rhodes suggests to the family as he clutches onto Zackery's file.

"What about?" Niomi asks starting to get worried

"It's about the course of treatment for little Zackery here" Doctor Joseph Rhodes informs her attempting to keep eye contact with all the family.