Chapter 14- Secrets Only break Hearts

VanderVall Academy- Wednesday 15th November,2017- 6.54am

Kathryn's Chambers

Kathryn wakes up, she opens up her eyes and looks around the room, She then sits herself up properly on her bed with her back against her pillows and the head board of her bed. She's still in her burgundy pyjama shorts and top from the day before with her duvet over her body. She looks over to Nurse Glaydes who is sat on the sofa reading one of her many books with a smile on her face.

"What's that look for?" Nurse Glaydes asks her as she looks up from book to see Kathryn smiling over at her.

"It's nice for one to wake up and not feel like my insides are burning from pain or feel like i'm about to throw up blood every where." Kathryn answers her still smiling

"You slept a little better last night, less moaning and groaning." Nurse Glaydes informs her as she lays her book to the side.

" Well that's a plus "Kathryn raises her eye brows and Nurse Glaydes walks over to Kathryn and feels her forehead.

"Your temperature is down"Nurse Glaydes informs her thinking she will no longer need a basin of cold water to keep her cooled down. She then lifts up Kathryn's top to have a look at her wound."Hmm interesting" Nurse Glaydes pipes up as she looks at Kathryn's stomach.

" What" Kathryn panics thinking some thing went wrong

"Your stomach is completely healed" Nurse Glaydes responds with a smile

"For a minute you had me worried" Kathryn tells her trying to stop her heart racing so fast.

" What ever you and your friends did yesterday it worked" Nurse Glaydes informs her and she lowers Kathryn's top.

"That is such a relief" Kathryn exhales in relief after feeling worried that her mother could have pretended to help for her to only make things worse.

"I don't want to know who you went to and i don't want to know the details. All i want to know is what they said or did" Nurse Glaydes asks Kathryn trying to make sure she isn't in any more harm

"It was a spell Ad Sanandum" Kathryn reveals to her

"You are going to be more than fine, the spell was genuine" Nurse Glaydes says to her as she walks over to the table with the basin filled of cold water.

"So I'm going to be fine then?" Kathryn questions

"You will be, Your body might still feel weakness due to what you have been through but by time Monday comes you will be ready to go back to classes" Nurse Glaydes answers her as she empty's the basin of water down the bathroom sink.

" Thank you for all the help you have given me since i got hurt, i think i would have been pretty lost with out you" Kathryn thanks her truly grateful for all the long days and night that Nurse Glaydes sat by her side making sure she got better.

"It's been my pleasure" Nurse Glaydes grinned at her as she packs away her things.

"I'm going to tell my dad the truth, I just didn't want to do it while i was dying in case he couldn't save me" Kathryn shares with her as she looks to the ground feeling guilty for all the lies she has told and made nurse Glaydes tell.

" That's the right thing to do" Nurse Glaydes agrees with Kathryn and gives her a smile.

"Just be careful, the world is a dangerous place out there" Nurse Glaydes warns her not wanting her to end up getting hurt again and being on her death bed.