Chapter 13- Mommy Dearest

VanderVall Academy - Tuesday 14th November,2017-5.20pm

Kathryn is laying in her bed with her burgundy shorts and tank top on trying to keep her eyes open so that she doesn't pass out again. While Nurse Glaydes is in her usual chair with her nose stuck in a book to pass the time.

"For god's sake" Kathryn yells in a rage with herself for not being able to keep her eyes open.

"What's wrong?" Nurse Glaydes panics as she looks up from her book.

"I can't seem to keep my eyes open for longer than a god damn minute" Kathryn lashes out.

"Kathryn you have to not let the dark magic get too you" Nurse Glaydes advice's Kathryn seeing how much it is wearing her out.

"Well i can't seem to help myself" Kathryn lets loose then rolls her eyes "In case you don't know it isn't exactly easy when it's killing you" 

" What ever you and your friends have planned you need to do it soon " Nurse Glaydes advice's her trying to help.

"Do you not think i've thought of that ?" Kathryn rants at her

"I know this is a frustrating situation but you must remain calm " Nurse Glaydes attempts to calm Kathryn down in fear the she might hurt herself.

Kathryn takes a deep breath in and closes her eyes, she counts to thirty and opens her eyes back up.

"I apologise for lashing out at you, I didn't mean it and normally i wouldn't. I'd like to think i'm not the type of person" Kathryn apologises to Glaydes feeling embarrassed and annoyed with herself.

"No need to apologise miss, I've seen things like these happen before" Nurse Glaydes informs her

"What happened to them?" Kathryn asks curious

"Well, that's a story for another time" Nurse Glaydes dodges the question and opens her book back up to read.

"Well either they died or became evil" Kathryn attempts to figure it out for herself "Or maybe it was both " 

" Some times both but that won't happen to you" Nurse Glaydes pipes up and glances up from her book. 

"Thank you, Ella and Danny are going to be here shortly so i was thinking that you should take the night off and sleep."Kathryn suggests to Nurse Glaydes hoping she will say yes so that it's easier for the three of them to sneak out later.

"I'm not too sure Miss, You really haven't been doing well today " Nurse Glaydes contemplates if it is the right call or not.

"Nothing bad is going to happen and even if it does Ella and Danny will be here so it will be fine" Kathryn assures her with a big smile on her face.

"I feel like you are up to something kid, but my judgement is telling me it would be nice to take a night off" Nurse Glaydes shares with her and she closes her book as she looks at Kathryn. 

" Have a nice night" Kathryn wishes her as she sends a smile her way. 

" Stay out of trouble " Nurse Glaydes advice's her as she gives her a stern look as she packs up her things into her bag.

"I will try my hardest" Kathryn laughed as she watches Nurse Glaydes leave the room.

As soon as Glaydes leaves the room she pulls the duvet off of her body, She sits herself up on her bed. She swings her legs round and lets them dangle off the bed. She takes a minute to think then gets up, She stumbles over to the wardrobe trying to keep herself up. She opens up the doors of her wardrobe and takes out a pair of her grey tracksuit bottoms, she turns and throws them onto her bed then grabs her white cropped jumper out the wardrobe. She closes the wardrobe door and stumbles back over to her bed. She collapses onto the bed.