Chapter 26- Death Will Come For Us All!

VanderVall Academy - Saturday 2nd December,2017- 9.43am

Alice's Bedroom-

Alice is sat at her desk in her bedroom with her top half of the body laying on the table and her face on her books asleep.

Alice's Dreaming-March 2010-5.30 pm

Alice is in the dining room with her mum Maria, her father Gavin and her younger sister Montana eating their supper.

"Alice won't play barbies with me tonight" Montana moans to her parents in a huff at the fact Alice refuses to play with her as she only wanted to be in one place her friend Anya's birthday party.

"Alice sweetheart, please just play with your sister" Gavin begs her

"No, I'm not a baby" Alice refuses shaking her head in disgust as she plays with her food.

"Stop calling me a baby" Montana yells at Alice annoyed

"People who still play with barbies are babies" Alice lashes back at her

"If you two don't stop it you will be spending the rest of the night in your rooms" Maria warns the girls fed up of all their bickering.

"Who cares" Alice provokes her parents with the roll of her eyes and with an attitude as she started to realise maybe this could be a good thing for her.

"Alice Abigail Ferguson you go to your room right now. You don't disrespect your mother like that" Gavin shouts at her in anger

"Fine" Alice slams her hands against the table and storms away to her room.

Alice storms away to her bedroom and slams the bedroom door behind her making a scene. She sits on her bed with her arms crossed patiently waiting for her mum to walk through the door and talk to her and with in moments Maria does that indeed. Maria closes the door behind her and walks over to Alice, she sits on the end of the bed and gives her a small smile.

"Alice, your sister is eight years old. Why can't you just play with her, all she wants to do is spend time with her sister." Maria shares with Alice attempting to make her understand.

" Because all she wants to do is play kiddy games, I'm nearly eleven. My friends don't play imaginary schoolies with their sisters." Alice replies to her mum not wanting to have to play games like that anymore even if it is for her little sister.

"If you come and apologise to Montana we can sit and watch a film. How does that sound?"Maria suggests to Alice attempting to make things better

"I'm not apologising, I didn't do anything wrong" Alice replies shaking her head no.

"Fine, you can stay in here for the rest of the night" Maria informs her daughter getting up off the bed.

Alice shrugs her shoulders not caring about missing out on the film. Maria walks out of the room and closes the bedroom door leaving Alice sitting by herself in her room. Alice sits in the same place for the next fifteen minutes figuring out the best way to escape. She quietly puts on her shoes and sneaks out the window making sure it is easy for her to get back in later she puts a small rubber on the window sill to stop the window from fully closing. Once she is outside the window she sneaks off and runs two blocks to Anya's house. When she gets there she knocks on the door and Anya's mum Sandy answers.

"Ah Alice, I was wondering if you were going to make it" Sandy pipes up happy to see her at the door.

"Dad dropped me off before going to the shops" Alice lies to her with a smile