Chapter 7- One Step At A Time

VanderVall Academy - -October 28th, 2017- 8 am

Kathryn's Chambers

Two days after falling asleep in Jesse's arm Kathryn wakes up. She opens her eyes and looks around hazy and unsure of her surroundings. She tries to sit herself up but was too weak leading her arms to slip on the sheets and fall to her side. 

"What's going on?" Kathryn asks as she looks around at an empty room.

Kathryn lays on her bed for a moment trying to get her mind together before she leans over for the phone. She phones the first number she sees having no idea who it is.

"Hi, It's Kathryn. I was wondering if you would be able to come over?" She begins to say and you can hear in her voice she is poorly."I really don't feel well and i think i need some help. Please take my door key because i can't get out of bed and don't tell anyone either please, i beg you" Kathryn says weak with slow breaths before hanging up the phone.

Kathryn just lays on her bed looking around her room in confusion. Every now and then her eye lids would close as they were too heavy for her and she would start dozing off back into a sleep. She hears a key slide into the door and unlock, she listens to the door creak open and the person walks in with heavy footsteps. She opens her eyes and looks up at them finding it hard to focus on who it is.

"Thank you for coming, i... i ... i really need your help" Kathryn thanks them and notices it's the nurse. The doctor walks over to her and stands by the side of the bed.

"Thank you for calling us, Can you tell us what's wrong?" The doctor asks looking at her.

" I umm i don't really know, i woke up and i feel really confused. I remember falling asleep with Jesse but i don't remember anything else, and um i feel really sick and weak and my... my breathing. I um .. i don't know. What's the time?" Kathryn attempts to explain

" Kathryn it's the 28th of October and it's eight o'clock sweet heart" The nurse answers her as she stands at the desk under the window with a bag of supplies in her hand

"Wha... What happened?" Kathryn asks confused on how she can miss a whole day.

" You slept through the whole of yesterday" The nurse reveals to her .

"I'm going to run some tests on you, is that alright?" The doctor mentions wanting to make sure she is okay.

"Yeah, yeah that's fine" Kathryn agrees to it and like before every move she made it was like a burning fire rushing through her body.

"We should give your dad a call and tell him you are awake and what is going on" The nurse suggests to Kathryn and the doctor

"Emm, no. I don't want my dad to come here. If it's alright i would just like a nurse to stay with me all day but i want no visitors whats so ever. Not even my dad. Umm i just want to be alone" Kathryn reveals to the nurse and doctor needing time alone to recoperate plus no one ever likes it when you are sick and people sit at your bed side feeling sorry for you.

"If that is what you want then it is perfectly fine, but we do need to tell them something" The nurse notifies her having received multiple worried phone calls from Justin already.

" You can just tell them I am still asleep or say that i woke up for about an hour but fell back asleep again and insisted no visitors. Please i beg of you" Kathryn begs them not wanting to see any one at all. The doctor nods his head agreeing to what Kathryn suggested as he does tests.