Chapter 44- A New Drug

VanderVall Academy - Friday 25th January, 2018

1.53pm

Kathryn's in the gym alone running on the treadmill thoughts running through her head while wearing her hair in a tight high ponytail, She had on blue and black sports leggings with black sports jacket along with a blue zip and a blue and black sports bra underneath it and black sneakers on her feet.

Kathryn's Inner Voice-

" Sometimes i can still dream and smell the water from the day i first tried to kill myself, the look of all the fish swimming away from me afraid that i would kill them like i was a monster. I still remember choking on the water as i gasped for air which is some thing i've become used too. When i was a child i used to practically dive into the water at any chance i got even when i wasn't able to swim but not water fears me, the water from the tap, the water from the shower even water from a bottle. I push through my fear of course but some days it scares me to the point where i try to avoid it at every chance i get. I basically avoid the corridor that leads to the pool as it sends flashes of the night Jesse attacked me into my mind and it paralyses me. The sound of Jesse's name paralyses me with fear and it shouldn't but i can't help it. I'm not stronger like the others, I'm weak and i'm human. One punch from them and it knocks me on my ass and most the time it knocks me out which isn't exactly helpful around here. It drives me insane looking and feeling weak all the time, feeling like everyone has to come save me when ever i get myself into trouble. But i never asked for any of this, i was just born and people decided they want me dead. Most of the time i wish they would just do it already..."

Dallas comes into the gym and begins to train with Kathryn where they begin to work on one on one combat no gloves bare fists.

"I want to be able to fight like everyone else but i'm too weak" Kathryn tells him thinking about how perhaps she needs to change herself to become stronger to help everyone else out instead of being helped.

"You are doing what you can" Dallas attempts to assure her that she is helping where she can

"Really because it feels like i'm getting more people mixed up in my business, I mean look at Danny and his parents they can't come back because of my mom. If i wasn't weak i would have killed her by now" Kathryn confesses to him how guilty she feels that he has to be separated from him parents.

"It isn't like that Kathryn" Dallas pipes up " I met his parents a long time ago, they were mixed up in a bad crowd. Doing deals for the big guy Alfonso like killing his enemies, killing innocent people or killing people who killed innocents so that he could be in power so that people would rather fear him than challenge him and if they refused to do his bidding they would go after their family. You know Danny's dad Jeffrey well one day he refused to kill a boy who was the same age as Danny who was at the time only eight year old because he couldn't control his hunger and was slaughtering thousands. Yes Alfonso was doing the right thing but Jeffrey couldn't do that because every time he looked at the child all he could see was Danny, after he refused to do it Alfonso went after his dad Ronald and killed him and did the same with his mum Debbie. After that Alfonso would kill other members of the family to motivate them." Dallas shares what he knows about Danny's parents with Kathryn to fill her in on what is going on

"That's horrible" Kathryn gasps in shock motivating her to want to help Danny and his family even more.

"I haven't told Danny about it, i don't want him to know what they are being put through" Dallas reveals to her wanting to keep it a secret until the time is right.