Chapter 22- Girl's Night In

VanderVall Academy- Sunday 26th November,2017- 2.43am

Kathryn's Chambers-

Kathryn is chilling on her sofa with grey tight joggers on, a white cropped jumper and her red slippers. While she is on her laptop looking at the news articles from around the world trying to keep herself up to date on what is going on out there. She has her tv on playing "Mr Brightside" on her spotify. As she is listening to her music her phone begins to ring, she looks at her phone and raises her eyebrows before clicking at who the call may be. She pauses her music and answers the phone.

"Hello" Kathryn greets as she picks up.

"Hello is this Miss Kathryn Carson?" The caller asks her from the other side of the call.

"Yes this is she"Kathryn answers screwing up her face having no idea who was on the other line. 

"Hi My name is Cameron Butler, I am, was your parents Estate Agent" Cameron informs her sensing her hesitation across the phone. 

" Hi Mr Butler" Kathryn replies not sure what else to say as she sits up properly on her sofa.

"As you are aware your parent's unfortunately passed away meaning you are now the rightful owner of your home in Miami" Cameron shares with her

"Yes i am aware" Kathryn says as she has a sinking feeling inside of her as she is reminded of the night her parents died. 

"I wanted to ask what your plans for your house are? I am aware you are currently staying in North Carolina studying" Cameron questions her needing to know everything

"I was thinking of selling the home" Kathryn answers him honestly. 

"Are you sure you wish to sell your house? Your family has stayed there for 25 years" Cameron asks her wanting her to be positive about her answer

"Yes i am sure, My parents died in that house. In fact my parents were murdered in the house i grew up in and i don't think i would be able to go back and sleep there again" Kathryn expresses her feelings.

"I'm sure we can get that arranged for you Miss Carson" Cameron assures her

"Thank you" Kathryn replies

"Would you consider buying another home in Miami that you could come back to during summer, Christmas?" Cameron questions her

"I think i would, Miami will always be home and it would be nice to have a place to go to" Kathryn Clarifies the situation for him.

"Do you have any idea what kind of home you would like?" Cameron poses another question at her.

"Preferably a condo in downtown Miami at least two bedrooms" Kathryn replies to him as she thinks more about it

"I will look into available condos and get back to you" Cameron informs her

"Thank you, I appreciate it" Kathryn thanks him with a slight smile even though he can't see it.

"I hope you have a nice day Miss Carson, Again i am sorry for your loss" Cameron wishes her feeling bad that she lost both her parents on the same day.

"Thank you, I hope you have a lovely day too" Kathryn wishes him back before hanging up the call.

She puts her phone back on the sofa and looks at it feeling slightly happy about the call. As much as it hurts her to sell the house she knows it's the right thing to do because who wants to live in a house where your parents were murdered?