Chapter 10- Today Is Your Last Day

VanderVall Academy- Monday 13th November,2017-7.45am

Kathryn's Chambers

Kathryn is asleep in her bed while Nurse Glaydes sits in the corner of the room keeping an eye on her. Kathryn continues to toss and turn moaning in pain. Nurse Glaydes puts a face cloth into the basin filled with cold water. she squeezes it together getting rid of all the excess water. She gets up off her chair and walks over to Kathryn placing the wash cloth on her forehead in attempt to cool her down. Kathryn opens her eyes and sees her sitting on the bed beside her.

"It's okay" Nurse Glaydes assures Kathryn as she keeps applying the wash cloth to her head.

"I don't feel good" Kathryn tells her struggling to keep her eyes open

"I know you don't but your dad is going to find a solution to help you"Nurse Glaydes explains to her trying to give Kathryn hope even though there isn't much too give.

"If a witch got hurt how would they heal?" Kathryn asks the nurse curious

" Well some times they let nature do it's work and let it heal on it's own or they get another witch to heal them" Nurse Glaydes replies looking at her sensing her clogs turning in her mind.

"Would you be able to get my dad for me? I fear that once i close my eyes i won't be able to open them again" Kathryn asks her as her eyes become more heavier than before.

"Of course, Stay here" Glaydes agrees getting up off the bed.

"I don't have the strength to go anywhere else " Kathryn reminds her as she lays there feeling helpless.

"Don't let anyone else in" Glaydes tells her while putting the wash cloth beside the basin.

Kathryn nods her head slightly as a sign that she agrees to this, Nurse Glaydes rushes out the room to get principle VanderVall.

Inside Kathryn's Head

"I'm getting weaker and weaker, I can feel it. It feels like my muscles are starting to decay but if i try to move it only aches. I can feel the sweat dripping off of me, my hair and clothes soaking. This is not how i imagined i would die. When i was young i used to dream about how i would be in my 90's and i would just pass away peacefully in my sleep....not this. Not this hell. If i knew it would feel like this perhaps i should have just let my mother kill me and this nightmare would be over with. To make things worse me and Jesse seems to be pulling ourselves away from each other and maybe he should. It would mean less pain and heart break for him... My minds so confused not being able to understand, but then he lied to me and i know he was scared but i could have helped him... Or i could have saw him as a monster but he isn't a monster. He never has been and he never will be, He's not that type of person....but i am. Once he seems me for who i really am he will leave me, He will run away and so will everyone else. I'm one of a kind.... her creation.... her weapon. I won't succumb to the darkness, I will not be tempted by their wicked ways."

Kathryn hears her dad walking down the hall with Nurse Glaydes, She turns her head and looks at the door. Nurse Glaydes and Justin walk into Kathryn's chambers, Glaydes smiles glad to see Kathryn still in the same place she was when she left.

"Dad" Kathryn says as she attempts to smile up at him.

"Hey, How you doing?" Justin asks her , He walks over to her bed concerned for her well being.