Chapter 67- The Boy With No Heart

VanderVall Academy- Monday 14th May,2018

Dallas' Chambers- 8.01am

Dallas is lying on the right side of the bed with Kayleigh asleep on the left side, her hand on his bare chest. His right hand is behind his head as he stares up to the room of his room thinking back to a few years ago.

Flashback -11 Year Old Dallas- 2018

Dallas comes walking into the front door in his school clothes and backpack on him. He walks in and dumps his bag by the living room and sits on the sofa by the window.

"How was school?" Pricilla asks him as she sits on the other sofa with a cup of tea in her hand.

"Where's my dad?" Dallas questions her as he never really spoken to her about it before.

"Oh baby, your father well he isn't in our lives like you know and i don't think he ever will be" Priscilla admits to him knowing this day was going to come at some point.

"Why?" Dallas questions her not understanding

"Your father died a long time ago, he's in heaven now" Priscilla explains to him with a guilty look on her face.

" What happened?" Dallas questions her wanting to know details

"He was in a really bad accident before you were born" She goes on to tell him to which Dallas has a defeated look on his face.

"But it's okay you have me and that's all that matters" Priscialla assures him but although Dallas loves his mother a part of him still feels empty always having wanted to know who his father was as other children in his class always go on about what they did with their fathers which makes him feel lonely and left out.

Present-

Dallas continues to stare up at his roof when Kayleigh comes walking out of the bathroom with a blanket wrapped around her body to cover herself up, she jumps on Dallas and rolls over to her side of the bed which grabs the attention of Dallas.

"It really isn't that hard to walk round the bed" Dallas groans at her

"Like you implied it would mean walking when i could have just jumped on the bed like i just did" She replies not seeing what the problem is

" What ever" Dallas replies rolling his eyes and takes the duvet off his body and sits on the edge of the bed.

"What's your problem?" She asks Dallas always feeling confused by his emotions all the time.

" Nothing" Dallas answers brushing it off

"Come on i'm not blind" She goes on to say as she is sitting on the bed looking at the back of his head.

" Like i said there's nothing wrong" Dallas sticks by what he said then gets up off the bed and heads into the bathroom.

Kayleigh sits on the bed and watches him walk into the room and she knew when she first met him that it wouldn't be easy. Mainly because she knew he still had feeling for Kathryn but she never thought the most difficult thing would be how mysterious and dark he is and his sudden change in moods. That was what attracted her to him the most was because he appeared to be your stereotypical bad boy and she believed she would be the one to change him and make him better but she soon began to realise he wasn't.

Kayleigh's Inner Voice-

"When i first approached him at the bar of course i knew who he was, everyone had heard of him. There was stories about him going all around school about how he killed people and to start with i was like nah not a chance but after a few months of being here at this school i began thinking the rumours and the stories about him were true but i didn't care because most of us who is at this school has lashed out and killed someone, It's a part of who we are and in all honesty that part of him made me like him even more. I have always been one to go for the bad boy mysterious kind of person that i know will break my heart but i never learn. I know i was trying to get over my crush Velasco Boleslav and went with Dallas to make Velasco jealous and he did take notice of me a few weeks back and it was nice, the way he complimented me and my looks , every time he sees me he tells me i look nice and it feels good to be told that. I know things with me and Dallas aren't going to go anywhere, i know he has been cheating on me behind my back with other girls making me look like a mug and i also know that he loves Kathryn even if he doesn't want to admit it. I know what the right thing to do is but the feelings i have for him is holding me back"