Chapter 5- My Body Is On Fire

October 26th 2017-11:56am

Justin and Greg turn their heads from the two boys and look over at the door to see  Kathryn and Professor K Thornton  fall to the ground, the smell of blood over powering. They turn their heads to see the crowd starting to lose control of their hunger as they take steps closes to the pair. Justin and Greg rush over to the pair in a state of shock.

"What the hell happened?" Greg asks panicked as he helps Professor K Thornton to his feet, he takes a hold of the professors arm as he moans in pain as it begins to heal itself.

"O..Oph...Ophelia" Kathryn answers extremely weak and running out of breath.

"Everyone clear the hall we need to get them to the infirmary right now"Justin shouts enraged and picks up Kathryn, he rushes down the hall. The blood from her stomach drops onto the floor leaving a trail.

VanderVall Infirmary - 12- 05pm

Professor K Thornton is half awake on one of the hospital beds with extremely blurry vision as Kathryn screams from another room in pain.

"I need to be in there, she needs me in there" Justin states pacing around the room worried about his daughter.

"You can't go in there and you know it. The nurses have already told you this, Your daughter is lying on that operating table naked and exposed and if you go in there you can't unsee any thing. You and your daughters relationship would be awkward from that moment on and it all goes down hill from there but you already know that." Greg reminds Justin trying to get him to calm down.

"Justin " Professor K Thornton calls out to him getting himself together, he sits up on the bed and looks at his right arm where the nurses operated to get rid of excess bone that was sticking out. He looks at his stump where his hand should be then back up to Justin and Greg with guilt rushing through him. 

"Stay there" Justin advices his friend and walks over to the bed and sits on the seat beside him. "Kevin, it's me Justin. Are you alright?" 

"I'm so sorry, I should have protected her"Professor K Thornton apologises to him feeling like he should have done more.

"It's okay Kevin, You need to rest for a while and then we can talk about it okay old friend" Justin says with a smile gently tapping Kevin's left hand that is filled with wrinkles.

Kathryn lets out a scream and the three of them turn to face the operating room in fear.

"It can't wait, I can't sit here and listen to her yell in pain and not tell you what happened." Professor K Thornton states as he tries to sit himself up.

" I don't want to push you, You are really weak and you should sleep. You got one hell of a beating" Justin points out and even though he did want to know what happened, his friends health was more important.

"I have to tell you, Kathryn came by my class and saw i was free and i could tell something was troubling her. So i did what i do with all my other students as you know i take them off school grounds for a coffee because it helps them open up and not feel as much pressure as they would feel in my classroom." Professor K Thornton opens up to them

"You don't need to tell me that, You already know i don't have a problem with you going off grounds with students because that is what my dad used to do as well."Justin reminds him having no problem with it.

"No this is part of the information, We sat down and we started speaking. She told me how she was going through the binder you gave her and it dawned on her that this was going to be a lot of hard work. She was afraid that because she was five months into the school year already that she wouldn't be able to keep her grades and be this respectable lady who had this whole other life in the process"Professor K Thornton reveals to them.