Chapter 8- My Last Dying Breath

VanderVall Academy-

Kathryn's Bedroom- Sunday 29th October, 2017- 11am

Kathryn wakes up feeling very weak with nurses surrounding her. she slowly blinks her eyes taking small breaths at a time. She slowly manages to pull herself up on the bed.

"What's going on?" Kathryn asks looking at the nurse as she sits in the same seat as always.

" Good morning deary, Everything is okay?" The nurse asks her feeling glad to see her awake. "You just sit there and rest your head"

"What happened to me?" Kathryn asks having no idea what's been going on lately.

"You are really sick dear and you have been for a few days now"The nurse informs her which makes Kathryn look around the room as if she is trying to remember something.

"I don't understand what's going on" Kathryn tells her starting to get frustrated.

"We think it's because when you were injured the other day we didn't know much of what was going on inside your body. It has taken a while for the effects to properly show and we aren't sure how long it may last for" The nurse shares with her and she looks away trying to hide that she is worried about her.

"Am i going to die?" Kathryn asks her needing to know.

" We don't know sweet heart. Like you requested you have had no visitors for a few days and i think your family and friends are worried about you though" The nurse answers her but she can't help but have doubts in the back of her mind.

"I know and i do feel really bad for that" Kathryn expresses her guilt.

"I don't blame you dear. I haven't known you very long and it was hard for me to sit her and watch you" The nurse confesses to Kathryn.

"Is it okay if i request a quiet day alone with out being disturbed by doctors and nurses?" Kathryn requests wanting to be completely alone.

"Yes if that is what you wish"The nurse agrees to it. "But i will be over after supper and at bed time just to check up on you"

"Thank you" Kathryn says with a smile feeling thankful for this moment.

The nurses gather up their belongings and head out the door. Kathryn goes into her wardrobe and takes out a burgundy track suit bottoms, a long sleeved white top and a burgundy track suit zippie top. She shoves on her trainers and throws her keys and phone in her pocket and slowly makes her way to the grand hall trying to find Jesse. She walks in and sees a lot of people sitting studying and spots Jesse and Alice. She weakly makes their way over to them as people turn their heads to look at her. Jesse and Alice spot Kathryn and Jesse races over to her.

"What the actual hell are you doing here?" Jesse asks annoyed and confused as he grabs a hold of her waist helping her over to where him and Alice are sitting.

"I needed to come see you guys" Kathryn responds to them not caring is she is disobeying orders.

"You could have just got the nurse to call us and we would have come" Jesse snaps at her due to her constantly disregarding her health.

"I was not spending another day in that god damn bed" Kathryn glares at him which cause him to shut up rather quickly. Jesse sits Kathryn down then sits beside her.

"It's good to see you"Alice tells Kathryn with a smile.

"It is good to see you too. I'm sorry that i wouldn't let anyone in it's just i didn't want people sitting around all the time and watch me wither away"Kathryn apologises to them feel half bad about it.