Chapter 12- A Poisoned Heart

VanderVall Academy - Tuesday 14th November,2017- 7.35am

Kathryn's Chambers

Kathryn lays in her bed with her eyes closed pretending she is still asleep while she thinks to herself of all the ways that today could go wrong.

Katheryn's Inner Voice

"I barely slept all night, all i could think about was meeting her again. Meeting the woman who calls herself my mother, It disgusts me. She never cared about me, I don't even think she knows how to care. Perhaps being a witch means you have no heart , no love. She may be my mother but i will never turn out to be anything like her. If i could get off with never seeing that woman's face again i would be all for it but unfortunately i can't. She cursed me as a baby for what? because she didn't want a child in the first place? Because she doesn't know how to love? Pathetic if you ask me. Yet it makes me wonder what she did to get my dad to have a child with her, What kind of spell did she use ? and how could he not have seen what was going on? I'm not scared of facing her today, She doesn't threaten me, She doesn't scare me. She hides behind all these people getting them to do her dirty work but when we get through all them and shes the only one left she will do as cowards do and beg for their life or run away but i won't let her. I can feel myself getting weaker and weaker but i'm not willing to give up the fight and i never will. I will get my revenge on her, Just you wait and see."

Justin comes walking into Kathryn's chambers and closes the door behind him. He sees Kathryn laying in her bed with her silk tank top and silk pyjama shorts on looking worse than what she did the day before.

"How is she?" Justin asks Nurse Glaydes concerned for his daughters life.

"I'm fine" Kathryn answers as she opens her eyes.

"Are you sure because you don't look so good" Justin states as he walks over to her bed and puts his hand on her forehead to feel her temperature the sweat still dripping off her.

"The doctor said their would be more bad days first before i get back to full health" Kathryn lies to him as she pulls herself slightly up the bed her hands shaking from the weakness of her body.

"I thought you said you were healing?" Justin questions her then looks to Nurse Glaydes feeling that some thing isn't quite right as he places the damp face cloth on her forehead in hopes that it will cool her down.

" Because it was dark magic that was used it takes a little while to get out of my system and once it is all gone i will heal perfectly fine" Kathryn responds continuing to lie hoping that her father will believe her.

" Maybe i should have a word with the doctor myself " Justin suggests as he sits on the bed looking at his very poorly little girl.

"And stop him from helping other people? Everything is going to be okay dad, try not to worry so much" Kathryn attempts to change his mind while Nurse Glaydes sits in the corner in silence.

"You're right, I guess i'm being too over protective" Justin changes his mind on the situation

"I'm going to head out and let the two of you talk" Nurse Glaydes mentions as she gets off her chair not feeling comfortable with Kathryn lying to her father.

"You really don't have too" Justin tells her feeling slightly guilty.

"No it's fine, She is in good hands" Nurse Glaydes refuses before heading out the door