Chapter 64 - The Turning Point

VanderVall Academy- Saturday 21st April,2018-

Zackery's Chambers-

Zackery is stood by his window looking out into the distance trying to figure out what kind of world it will be out there after Angelica and her followers begin to demolish it. As he i standing at the window as the rain comes falling down he is reminded of a memory from his childhood that he had long forgotten about.

Flashback- 8 Year Old Zackery-

Zackery was just beginning his treatment for cancer and his parents still wanted him to go to school expecting him to pull through and survive. By this point he was in his third year at Primary and he loved spending time with his friends in and out of school although he didn't care for the actual work. At times he tried to put it off like if he ignored it then it would magically disappear but unfortunately that never happened. Instead the workload would pile up and his mum and teacher would have to nag at him to get the work done. Zackery and his friends comes running into the classroom and continue to run around after the school bell had rung to let them go for their break.

"Zackery Martinez, I won't tell you again sit down" Zackery's teacher Miss Edwina Hopkins instructs as she yells at him as she stands at her desk with her arms folded. Normally she is the most loving and caring teacher out of all the teachers in the school but today she wasn't feeling it, with it raining and everyone being stuck inside and her recent boyfriend breaking up with her for her best friends sister who is four years younger than her she wasn't in the mood for games.

"I'm going" Zackery yells out to her as he runs to his chair

"The longer you waste time, the more time you miss out of your break" Miss E Hopkins reminds the class which practically silences them in a heartbeat and so does Zackery.

Zackery sits in his chair patiently waiting and takes a look out of the window and sees something peculiar outside. He saw a woman in all black staring into the window at him not moving a bit, this makes him uneasy but curious.

"Alright, on you go" Miss E Hopkins allow them to get there break and within seconds it was like a riot had started, kids were practically throwing themselves out of their chairs, Only five of the students tucked in their chairs before running over to the cloak room.

"As it's only a little drizzle outside, you can go" Miss E Hopkins repeats the words that the principal told her.

Zackery looks away from the window and grabs his coat off the rack and puts on his outdoor shoes.

"Zackery, I don't think your mum would want you going out in the rain" Miss E Hopkins pipes up as she sees him getting ready

"I'll only be a moment Miss i promise, I just need to get something from my dad. He's outside waiting for me" Zackery lies to her just wanting to see who the person was

"Alright but no more than two minutes" Miss E Hopkins agrees believing his father is outside.

"Hurry up Zackery" Luke Cinway shouts to him from a distance wanting him to catch up.

Zackery walks until he is out of distance not wanting to hear another dig from anyone about how he shouldn't be running or doing anything. Zackery makes it outside and automatically runs round the school building to the fence where he stands and looks at the lady who is dressed in all black and has her hood up.

"Who are you?" Zackery asks her from the fence taking a interest in her

" A family friend of yours" She claims as she moves closer to him