8 // getting closer

It is the last day of exams and it seems that Jena is more comfortable in displaying 'affection' to Yunho. She has no problem when they hold hands, hug in public. But even so, she still feels guilty for 'kissing' her sister's boyfriend. Jane had reassured her that it's fine when Jena told her what happened that night.

"Did you enjoyed it though?" Jane asked teasingly which Jena replied with a stern 'no' and continuous hits. Even though she had given 'no' as an answer, her heart doubts it.

Do I like Yunho?

The question has been haunting Jena for the past few days, when she watched the boy run across the soccer field, dribbling a ball and beaming brightly when he managed to score a goal. She had thought that Yunho is very cute.

Jena was busy into her thoughts that she hasn't finish the Chemistry test when the bell rung. "Shit." She mumbled, hands moving fast to scibble down the answers before the teacher is able to grab her answer sheet.

Jena stood up and gathered her stuff, relieved that she can finally stop pretending to be Jane. As she strode down the hallway, a loud commotion grabs her attention. She got closer to the circling crowd and found a boy crouching on the floor, "Jane! That's your boyfriend!" an unrecognizable face said to Jena. She pointed towards the boy standing, confronting the assaulter.

Jena felt a surge of panic washes over. She instinctively ran into the center and pulled Yunho away. "Are you crazy?!" She harshly whispered, "Jane? What are you doing here? Go before you get hurt." Yunho said to his 'girlfriend'

"Awww, lovebirds." The other boy said, cooing. "Stop it Hwanwoong. I don't care if your parents are powerful. Stop abusing other kids." Yunho sternly said, fire replacing the usual friendly state in his eyes. Hwanwoong 'tch'-ed and walked away from the scene.

Yunho turned around to the boy sprawled on the floor, a big bruise forming on his face, along with other scars. "Are you okay Hyeongjun?" Yunho offered a hand to the boy which he gladly accepts. "Thank you sunbaenim." Hyeongjun bowed shortly and walked away, trying to avoid anymore questions.

The couple decided to not pursue the boy and went away. "What happened?" Jena asked in a small voice, not wanting to bother Yunho. He explained that Hwanwoong was shoving the poor boy to a locker for not wanting to give out his notes to him. "He's such a jerk! Wanting to pass but doing it the wrong way!" Yunho threw his hands into the air, "I'm glad my baby is studying really hard for her exams though, instead of doing it dirty." Jena visibly gulped at this.

"What do you mean by doing it dirty?" Jena sat down on a nearby bench, "Hmm." Yunho took the spot beside her, putting a finger under his chin, "I don't know, maybe switching with your sister?" He raises an eyebrow.

bullseye

Seeing the horror look on the girl's face, Yunho laughed it off. "I know you're too pure to do that!" He grabbed Jena's hands and pulled her up, "come on, let's get out of here."

They ended up walkingto the nearest park and bought some hotdogs. Holding hands while stroling around the mini park, admiring the summer heat. "I heard that you did very well in this exam!" Yunho gushes. Jena nodded, her mouth full with bread. "My sister helped me study!" Jena said, referring to herself.

Yunho thinks for a second until he remembers, "Ah! Jena?" He snapped his fingers and pointed it at her, which Jena replies to excitedly, "She's the best." Jena tried to copy Jane's expression everytime she talks about her. On the other hand, her heart is beating wildly.

God, he remembers my name!

Blood started to rush to her face, mentally slapping herself for being overly excited about something so trivial. "Baby, do you want to sit down?" Yunho offered. He saw the red on Jena's cheeks and thought that it's because of the heat, so being the genleman he is, Yunho decided to offer her. "S-sure." She made a beeline towards the nearest bench and plops onto it.

Yunho followed and rests himself onto the space next to her. They calmly talked until a loud cry disturbs it. "Hey kiddo, why are you crying?" Jena saw the boy first and decided to approach him. "I lost my mommy!" He said between sobs, hands rubbing his wet eyes.

Jena took the boy into her arms and lifted him up, "How about this? Stop crying and then we look for your mommy together?" Jena suggests which the boy accepts undoubtfully. At this moment, Yunho had arrived at where they're standing. "Here, get onto that Hyung's shoulders." Yunho pointed at himself with a confused look. Jena nods at him beggingly to which Yunho replied with taking the boy into his arms and placing him on his shoulders.

He looks like a father now. I wonder how it feels to have a fami— stop it!

Jena blushed again at her thoughts. "What's your name kiddo?" Yunho tried to look up where the boy is, "Song Euijin, and I'm five years old." He puts up five fingers. "What's your mommy's name Eujin?" Jena asked, her head tilting upwards to look at Euijin. "It's Goo Minha." Euijin said softly.

The three of them spent their time walking around the park, asking passerbys the woman with the description Euijin gave before. "Song Euijin!" Who seems to be his mom, shouted. The woman with the exact description Eujin gave ran towards the three of them, taking Euijin from Yunho.

"Thank you so much young lad, lady." The mother held their hands, cheeks stained with dried tears, "how can I ever repay you back?" Yunho shook his head. "It's fine Mrs. Goo, I'm glad Euijin found his mother." Yunho kindly smiled.

Jena could only stare at the boy, heart getting faster everytime his smile gets wider. And before she can stop herself, she knows for one fact.

I like Jeong Yunho.

Fuck, I'm in deep shit