29// progress made

The break from midterms were done, and the results were out. "I mean, is it even a surprise that these two ranked the highest?" Seonghwa munches on his sandwich, leaning towards Sehui. "You need to distract Sehui more," Mingi says, "Bring her out to dates that she won't have time to even study." He chuckles 'evilly' and brings his hands together like a true villain. "But what about this single pringle?" Wooyoung nudges Jena who's busy redoing the one question she got wrong in Physics. "Damn it." Jena slams the table, the question itself was very, no, too easy for her, but somehow, she got a decimal wrong, getting points subtracted from the problem. "Should have recalculated it." Jena mumbles under her breath.

She continues to rant about her performance and such, disappointed at the fact that she got an ass-whooping score of 99% out of 100. "I think I underestimated this, I never got below hundred back at Wonderland." She mumbles, not aware of the staring eyes. "Is your sister okay?" Jane looks up from her phone and snorts, "That is normal, trust me." And went back to scrolling through her feed. "Jen, you should really stop." Hongjoong said and reached out to take her pen out of her hands to stop her from scribbling down numbers they can't comprehend.

Jena pulls her hand back before Hongjoong could even touch it and hisses, "Don't take my pen." She then voluntarily sets it down and massages her temples. As days go by, Jena got closer to the boys, them constantly teasing the girl because of her weird liking towards studying, and Jena constantly nagging them to study and 'grow up', but the three of them, the ones that now know what Jena had been through, are more awkward than ever. She can't really understand why they refuse to do interactions with her, is it because they're uncomfortable? Or do they pity her? Whatever the answer is, Jena is confused about it.

"I think Jena really needs someone to distract her from studying." Wooyoung nods mindlessly, mouth gaping. "Did you see her hiss like that?" He nudges San on his side, who seems to be out of trance. "H-Huh? Yeah." San looks at the girl then looked away, eating his rice. "I do not, have a problem Woo. I rather am pretty much normal." Jena closes her book and drinks her juice, "So stop it." Wooyoung breaks out in a series of giggles and laughs.

Soon enough, the bell rung and the group of friends scurried to their own classes, not wanting to miss any. Since Jena has AP Literature for her last period, she walked faster since the class is located at the most furthest part of the building. Speed walking along with her is Seonghwa, he tried to catch up with her with his long legs, almost bumping into students here and there. "Oh thank goodness." Jena opens the door to find the students noisy and the teacher not present. Seonghwa appeared behind her soon, as he saw the class' condition, he sighs in relief. Both of them sat on their respective seats and class started.

The class ended and they all scurry to just go home earlier. Seonghwa and Jena walked side by side, them more relaxed even though their lockers are fare from the class. They just walked in silence, none of them cracking out a topic to talk about, the again, these two are not the closest friends ever, they just hang because of Sehui and the boys. "So? glad that class is finally over?" Seonghwa attempted to talk, Jena turns her head to him slightly and smiled, "It's just class, what's so bad about it?" They reached their lockers and went to their respective ones.

Seonghwa didn't reply back, he chuckles instead and shook his head. "Which reminds me, how did you get close with Sehui?" Jena closes her locker and leans on it, looking over at the male. "Sehui?" Seonghwa repeats, a little bit flustered. Jena nods expectantly, he cleared his throat and answered shortly, "We just, talked, and then I found out about her little crush on me." He shyly smiled, the memory of Sehui's cute blush reappearing, "And not long after, I confessed to her." Jena held her smile back at the story of her best friend's love life.

Every time Jena tries to bring it up with Sehui, she would just be left into a blushing mess, trying to brush the topic off. "So that got me wondering." Seonghwa finishes his 'story time' and asks Jena instead, "What's holding your love life back?" Jena laughs curtly at this pausing her steps, "My love life?" She points at herself which Seonghwa nods to, "She's nonexistent." Her smile falls and Jena continued to walk. Seonghwa was dumbfounded and tried to catch up with her again, "She does, in a matter of fact, exist." He said when he finally caught on with Jena.

They spot their group of friends near the school's entrance, bickering here and there. "Really? Where?" Jena crosses her arms, challenging the male. Seonghwa chuckles and lifts his chin towards a specific direction, "There." Jena follows what Seonghwa is pointing at, the person has his arms around Mingi's neck, putting him in a headlock while laughing loudly.

"Good luck." Seonghwa pats Jena's shoulder and walked ahead, greeting Sehui into his arms. "Jen!" Wooyoung ran to Jena's side and pulls her arm, "We're going out for some chicken, you in?" Wooyoung offered, linking his arms with hers. "H-Huh? Chicken?" Mingi, who finally was able to get out from the headlock, nods eagerly. "The best chicken in town, Jane's going too, she still needs some extra credit right now though." Mingi looks back towards KQ High's building.

"I'm going too."

Jena looks at the source of the voice, Yunho, pointing at himself. Wooyoung snorts, "As if she's going to come knowing that you're going too." Wooyoung murmurs while hitting his knee. "Sure, I'll go." Jena tore her stare from the ethereal being across her and looks over to Wooyoung instead. "Great! Wonderful." He was about to pull Jena so she would go with him in Seonghwa's car but Yunho beats Wooyoung to it. "She's going with me." Yunho grips Jena's backpack strap, making the female almost fall. Wooyoung held back his smile, and nods, "Sure, don't run away though." He jogs slightly towards his ride, waving his hands towards the two.

They got into the vehicle which is oddly, empty, all the boys crammed into Seonghwa's car instead of Yunho's, it being the latter's doing. "J-Jen." Yunho said, attempting to open a conversation, "Yeah?" Jena absentmindedly asked. He clears his throat and made a left, going to the main streets, "About that day," He trails off, "I'm here for you, the boys are also there for you, so every time you need me— or them, you can call us." Jena kept silent, before letting out a very thin smile, "Thanks, Yunho." She stares at the boy before averting her gaze towards the streets.

"Oh and," Yunho continues, "I think— no, I guess I am—" He sighs, cutting his words a few times to find the right one. Jena waited in anticipation, mouth shut and eyes fixed on Yunho, the boy now messing his hair up. The lights turned red and Yunho stepped on the brakes, "I really, really like you." He looks back, staring into her eyes, "I don't know if you're feeling the same way but, can we go at least out on a date?"
🌱
this is shit