21 // love blossom

Another day at school for Jena means another day of trying to run away from Yunho. After the recent events of their so-called 'date' Jena has been desperately trying to avoid the lad at all cost. On the other side, Yunho finds himself staring at the younger sibling more and more, finding her cute, unlike her sister's usual charismatic charm. "Oh no, lover alert!" Sehui whispers harshly to Jena when she spots Yunho coming over to their lab table. Not being able to hide anything from her best friend, Jena spilled Saturday's events to Sehui, her squealing out of excitement yet worried for her.

Yunho sat down in front of the girls at the four person table and greets them, a small blush not noticeable to Jena appearing on his cheeks. Soon after the bell rung, San enters the laboratory with his lab coat on, hair disheveled from who-knows-what. "Hey guys." San's usual dimple pops out when he spots his teammate sitting all together. "Hey San, you're almost late buddy." Yunho helps him getting his chair down and San puts his equipments on the white ceramic table. Not knowing what to answer Yunho with, San kept quiet. I mean, was he supposed to answer Yunho directly with, 'I just reconciled with your ex and made out with her in the janitor's closet that's why I'm late bro', yeah, I don't think so.

Jane actually approached San a couple weeks back, a few days after her recent break up with Yunho, and tried to apologize. Little did San and Jena knows, Danbi was actually nearby them when San confessed about his feelings. Being the good best friend she is, Danbi decides to tell Jane, a little bit positive that the girl still feels the same. Their break up did actually took a toll on Jane, San was the very first boy she cried over when they broke up, her pride blocking her from apologizing. But after getting the small pep talk from Danbi, Jane decides to go for it again, putting her pride aside this time.

On the first attempt to talk with him, San actually ignored her, or at least he tried to do so. But as the lass challenged herself everyday and tried to at least pop a smile a long with a very sweet 'good morning', San's cold demeanor towards her slowly melts into the warmhearted San. They started to talk again, building their friendship from their broken hearts, Jane actually managed to apologize, to which San replied to very vaguely. After sorting it all out, consisting of Jane explaining why she became distant with him, parallel to the time when the whole Shin family discovered Jena's mental health issue, San decided to forgive her totally, making Jane the happiest person in the planet.

Just recently, they bumped to each other in the hallways, it started out pretty chill and nice, until the tension between them grew. San lets an 'I missed you so much' out, to which Jane replied with mutually. They ended up rushing to the nearest janitor closet and made out, hence, almost getting both San and Jane, late. Luckily, Jane made sure no lipstick stain was visible on his lips before rushing to her own class, sneaking a peck. The recent event made San all smiley and daydreaming when Ms. Dae explains the newest Chemistry chapter.

"Choi San, can you explain why this reaction is included in the buffer category?" Ms. Dae, a 50 year old woman, who apparently is still single and could be pretty mean, points to the boy, making him snap out of his daydream. "Uh," San looks around his table, meeting Jena's eyes. She quietly mumbles the answer to him, which he delivered perfectly to Ms. Dae. "Good job, I hope you don't doze off next time." San gave her a fist bump, thanking Jena for her help. Jena gladly accepts it and giggles, making Yunho's eyes stare at her, a small smile also playing on his lips.

Fascinatingly, unlike his usual mistake of mistaking Jena as Jane, he has no problem with spotting Jena even though she's a few feet away. He doesn't even know how, and why, but would it be an exaggeration to say that it's love? No one knows. This small gesture Yunho did, didn't escape the eyes of the great Seo Sehui, after all, she is the sister of the great matchmaker in NeoTech University. Sehui smiles to herself, sensing the tingling sensation of amor between the two. Making a mental note to herself to ask Yunho about this, Sehui decides to focus back to Ms. Dae, Chemistry not really being her area of expertise.

The long-awaited bell finally rung throughout the laboratory and students sigh in relief. "Mr. Jeong Yunho? Come with me." Sehui instantly stood up and gestures for the said lad to follow her. Yunho glanced at Jena, who seems to look as lost as him, "Okay?" Yunho follows Sehui reluctantly. "I guess we're stuck together for lunch, Jen." San puts a hand over Jena's shoulder, them walking the opposite way. "What do you want?" Yunho jogs to catch up with Sehui, to which she notices and slows down for. "I heard you're dating Seonghwa now?" Yunho said resting both of his hands on his head. Sehui blushed and shakes her head, "Please don't talk about that, He still embarrasses me. Much to being the school's Casanova." Sehui mutters.

When the both of them were safe from prying eyes and curious ears, Sehui stops walking. "Jeong Yunho." She faces him, "Be honest with me." Yunho nods, not sure on what to reply her with. "Jena is my best best friend, and the last thing I want to see is her getting hurt." Sehui starts, "So tell me, do you like her?" Yunho definitely did not expect that type of question from Sehui. He blushes madly, eyes darting here and there, as if the hallway's ceiling and walls have an answer to that. "I uh, I," He trails of, eyes now glued to his feet. "If you're unsure, I'll ask a different question." Sehui crosses her arms. "Have you ever felt that Jena's is cute?" Yunho nods, "Have you ever confuse Jena as Jane?" Sehui asks again. "Nope, I did confuse Jane as Jena a couple of times, but I never did once confuse Jena as Jane." Yunho scratches his cheeks.

Sehui smiles, "Have you ever thought of her?" Yunho nods, "Do you like seeing her smile?" Another nod follows. After questioning him a little bit more, Sehui sighs, "Do you ever feel like you're using her as a rebound?" This time, silence follows. Hongjoong actually did ask him about it, yesterday after their usual study session. Yunho was left restless from it, not knowing what the feeling in his chest is. He can't say that he never saw Jane in Jena, or sometimes comparing the times they spent together with the time spent with Jane. But in the other hand, he loves being with Jena.

"I actually genuinely don't know about thay, Sehui." Yunho brought his eyes back to the ground, fumbling with his feet. "That's why I don't want you to hurt her that way." Sehui mumbles, a soft look of pity in her eyes. "Huh? How could I hurt her?" Yunho raises his head to look at Sehui. She smiles sadly, full of meaning that Yunho seems to not understand, "You don't know how much you can, Yunho. You don't know."