22 // enemies everywhere

Before they knew it, KQ High students are now facing the dreaded midterm evaluations, not like it's a big deal for our girls, Jena and Sehui, but it does sure make them busy. Overwhelmed by the amount of students trying to get them to tutor, both Jena and Sehui made a request to the teacher's office, begging them to give the hoard of kids other smart students to be their tutor. Sticking with the original members of their usual study group, the kids are now on their last day of preparation before the actual test week begins.

Jena is briefing Minho for his Econs test tomorrow, "I think as long as you understand the meaning of this, you can do the rest, sunbaenim." She points out to the text in his book. Lucas was told to focus on History, something that, thank goodness, he's actually decent at. Jena was in the middle of reviewing the subject herself when her phone buzzes with an incoming notification. She looks at it and smiles, the text being from Yunho.

Yunho👾
I'm waiting for u
in front of the gates

Ever since the confrontation, Yunho tried to get closer to Jena, in the attempt of sorting his feelings out. Little did he know, Jena actually fell deeper and deeper in love with him, discovering the new aspects of Yunho she never knew. Meanwhile, San and Jane are probably in a closure phase. They admitted to their feelings but still are afraid to be back dating again. Weirdly, when Yunho found out about this, he didn't feel hurt at all, and Jena was over the clouds when she heard the good news, both for her sister and for her good friend.

"Good luck on your tests tomorrow!" Jena bid the kids goodbye and walks out of the library, leaving Sehui with Seonghwa. As Jena got out of the building, a hand stops her, pulling her into the school's field.  When Jena got a good look at the culprit's face, she couldn't quite put a finger on where she had seen her. "I know what you're doing, Shin Jena." The familiar face crosses her arms. The usual bitchy tone she hates so much, even though she only heard it once, is too familiar to her. Then it clicks, "Bae Haera?" Jena furrows her eyebrows, not sure on why her sister's sworn enemy tries to talk to her. "I'm not Jane." Jena attempted to walk away but got pulled by the elbows instead. The long manicured nails digging into her flesh. "I know who you are, Jena. I'm not that dumb." As bitchy as she could be, Haera adds to it by rolling her eyes, classic.

Confirming that Haera is indeed looking for Jena, she stays, tilting her head slightly, "What do you want?" Jena removes Haera's hand from her arm, annoyed by it. "I know what you did." Haera cockily said. "You know a lot of things, it seems." Jena mocks. This girls has been saying 'I know' a lot of times, and it is slowly pissing Jena off. "What do you exactly know?" Jena sighs, too tired to deal with the bullshit. "You switched, with Jane." Jena's heart drops, evident in her eyes and facial expression.

How did she knows? We never interacted when I became Jane? Shit.

"See? I'm right." Haera chuckles, amused seeing Jena's change of expression, "You did switch with Jane during that one Calculus test." Haera scoffs, "You think the both of you are smart enough to fool me." Jena's terrified expression now turns into a blank one, confused. "I'm going to tell the teachers about this, and I'll have fun watching the both of you getting expelled, unless Shin Jane comes to me begging on her knees."

When did we ever?

Then she realizes something, that Bae Haera is not only a bitch, she is a dumb one. The sisters never actually switch after the whole final exams fiasco, it was Haera who mistakenly thought that menstruation period Jane was Jena, and since Jane actually receives scolding and tutoring from Jena, she actually passes the class, hence Haera's suspicion. Amused by the completely wrong assumption, Jena laughs out loud, slapping her knees and wheezing, "You dimwit," Haera was obviously confused, "We never switched! She was having menstruation cramps that's why she was oddly unusual!" Jena stood up and dries a tear.

Bae Haera was clearly fuming in front of her, trying to come up with a reasonable and logical rebuttal, "B-But! Where were you then?" She scoffs, darting her eyes to the bleachers on the side. "I was sick that day!" Jena cheerfully explains, taking pleasure in the flustered form of Bae Haera. As Haera was about to argue again, another figure pops into their peripheral view. "Jena!" Yunho ran towards the two girls, waving his arm, "I've been waiting for you!" He stops his tracks right beside Jena and tugs on her arm, "Let's go." Not noticing the presence of the other girl, Yunho intwines their hands. "Oh? Jeong Yunho?" Haera said, raising an eyebrow at the sight of their laced hands.

Yunho turns around to look at the other girl, "Bae Haera? Since when the both of you are close like this?" Yunho asks Jena in specific. "We're never close." Jena shrugs, "She just thought that I filled in for Jane during a Calculus test, and tries to threaten me with it." Yunho snorts, "That day when you were sick?" Jena nods and he bursts into laughter. "That was so dumb of you Haera. Thank you for entertaining me like this." Deciding to not waste anymore time, Yunho pulls Jena away, "Bye!" They left the angry girl on the wide field all by herself.

Haera looks at the direction where the both of them disappeared, "That's interesting? They were this close?" She smiles, more like smirks to herself and walks away from the field, "I wonder what causes Jane to break up with Yunho."