47 // coming home

Putting the phone aside, the two girls decided to try to unlock it when they reached their home, Sehui claiming that one of her brother's friend capable of doing things technology related. They had continued doing activities for the camp, Jena trying her best to put the events aside and enjoy the moment, something she was unable to do during middle school. The other boys still had no idea on what had happened to Yeoreum, Yunho being tight lipped towards them, what Wooyoung said stuck in his head for the rest of the day. That night, the teams were told to make their own dinner, with the points accumulated from the games. Jayden was ecstatic to do so, he had been imagining the food he would like to eat.

Jena laughs at his behavior, ruffling Jayden's locks. The boys, Jayden and Mark, got back from the 'mart' where they made their trade there. "I want to eat curry." Jayden says, shoving the plastic bag into Jena's arms. The girl scoffs, "You expect me to cook everything? By myself? No." She pulls Jayden's collar, dragging him to the sink, telling the boy to wash the vegetables. Soon enough, the girl got everyone in her group up and running, each having their own task to do. "Jena! I'm done washing the rice! What do you want me to do?" Mark said, holding a now clean bowl of rice, "Of course cook it, you dumb ass." Jayden slaps the back of his head as he walks past him.

The group was lively, laughter here and there until their food was done. "Let's eat!" Jayden drags his sister to sit around the table, handing her a plate. They had quite a feast, eating curry with a side of sausages, freshly made fruit bowl, which Mark had driven a scissor into, and each getting a bottle of soda. In Jane's, events were not going as smoothly as her siblings' group, Yeeun had managed to spill their soup, and her teammates are just really bad at cooking, "We should've got instant ramyeon instead." She sighs, eyeing the mess she is in now.

Things are better at the other's place, Wooyoung had led his team in cooking, them now cleaning up, Yeosang is just suffering from getting too much things to do at once, San and Mingi are not that much of a help for their group, eating the unfinished dishes, and Sehui, let's just say that her group needs to be satisfied with just a slice of bread each and water. They finished eating dinner, the teachers had set a campfire on the middle of the field, calling all the students to gather around. They sang, danced, and played around, having fun like nothing's going wrong, Jena would be lying if she said that she didn't glance once in a while towards Yunho, seeing the boy smiling brightly really did brighten her up, forgetting all the hurtful words he had said to her. Yunho caught Jena's gaze, the lass quickly averts her eyes to other people in the circle, pretending like she didn't even look at him in the first place.

The fire burned for a little more, before Jena decides to excuse herself and go into the bathroom, she left her brother and went into the one in the dining hall. When she exited it, Jena saw Seonghwa standing in front of the entrance, leaning against the wall while playing with the dirt under his feet. Jena went past him, thinking that he was there for the bathroom also, but what surprised her is when Seonghwa held her arm, stopping Jena in place. "I'm," He said, maybe a little bit too loud, "I'm very sorry, Jena." He said again, his head hung low. Seonghwa was ver quiet during dinner, he didn't say a word, nor did his actions seem lively to Jena, a quick Jena noticed that something was obviously wrong with him.

"Why?" She asked, "I— Sehui explained everything to me." He said, releasing his grip from Jena's arm, "I confronted her during the games, and she, spilled everything, including your past, and how bitchy Yeoreum was." Seonghwa confesses, surprising Jena since she didn't see her best friend talking with her ex. "She also told me what happened last night, I feel like an asshole Jen, I can't even look at you right now." He hung his head lower, biting his lips. "I might sound like a pushover if I say this but, it's fine Seonghwa, really." Jena pats his shoulder, making the boy look up, "I am— was traumatized because of Yeoreum, but back then, I had nobody to hold on, they were all against me." Seonghwa looks at Jena, eyes getting teary.

"But this time, it's different, I may be disappointed by what you guys had thought of me, but on the logical side, it makes sense why you did those." Jena said, chuckling when she saw the tears fall from Seonghwa's eyes, "Even though the world is against me, as long ten— no, three people stand with me, I'll be strong." And that's when Seonghwa's dam broke, he sobs, feeling guiltier that he had thought of this girl to be over dramatized and straight up mean, he feels like a jerk for siding with someone that had left a huge scar on this girl. "I'm so sorry, Jen." Seonghwa continues to let his tears fall, making Jena laugh, "Seriously, I'm fine." She offers him some tissue which he gladly took. "Hongjoong, Jongho, and Yunho knows the truth know, Wooyoung told them also, they all, especially Yunho, feels like an asshole." Seonghwa adds.

Yunho knows?

Jena gasped, loudly, "Yunho knows!" Jena left Seonghwa, speed walking— almost running, to the field, looking for the rest of the boys, and soon enough, she found them, talking with the other boys. Jena ran towards them, might or might not have tripped on a few stuff on the way, "Whoa! Slow down." San, who noticed her running like a madman, exclaimed, stealing the attention of the kids around them. The three, looks at Jena, as she arrived at their side, huffing. "I," huff, "just," huff, "met," another huff, "Seon—" Jena had accidentally choked, coughing, her throat dry.

Jane laughs, "We know, baby sister, we know." She gave her a bottle of water, patting Jena's back. "Yeah about that," Sehui scratches her cheek, Hongjoong and Jongho apologized to Jena, the former even considering to get on his knees, Jongho, didn't do anything wrong though, he was not even involved in this mess in the first place, but the boy still felt the urge to apologize. Yunho, was stoned, he didn't know what to say, what to do, and how he should apologize. He knows for a fact that he was very harsh on her, scarring Jena with his spicy words. The rest of the kids noticed the awkward and tense vibe between the two and they left them, giving them some privacy.

Yunho sighs, massaging his temples, "I fucked up, real bad." He said, "I am officially the world's most stupidest, ignorant, selfish, harsh, and just straight-up heartless person ever." Yunho adds, his breath getting shakier. "I was blind Jen, I saw you like that, but I let her fool me. You can kick me, curse at me, hit me, hate me, I deserve it." He stares at the ground, nibbling on his lips. "Yeah, I do, I am really sorry, I regret Jen. I hurt you, I might jump into the ocean for my foolishness." He adds, eyes still not leaving his feet. "I want to beat myself up, you're really precious for me, yet I hurt you without a second thought." Yunho cries, letting the tears free fall to the ground. He then repeats a series of 'sorry's in the middle of his sobbing, his large shoulders moving up and down.

Jena smiles, bringing her hand to caress Yunho's fluffy hair, "You're a jerk, you know that?" She whispers, "You did hurt me, and disappoint me, but what should I do, Yunho? This heart still beats fast for you." Yunho looks up, holding Jena's hand, stoping it from caressing. His face distorts, all scrunched up before another batch of tears fall, him wailing like a lost child. Jena steps closer, engulfing him into a hug, "Thank you, for coming back."
🌱
yay yunho

sweet night by v is stuck in my head for the pas few days :/ not that im complaining tho