14 // moi seul

It has been two days since the major heartbreak Yunho got. During that period, Jena hasn't made the move to try to comfort him or even talk to him. When the two out three Shin triplets overheard Yunho's news about breaking up, they actually yeet-ed out of the store back home, checking up on their other one per third's condition, ignoring the boys' calls.

Much to the situation Yunho is in, Jane is more delightful. Her tone when greeting Jena and Jayden could have confused someone into thinking that Jane has just got into a relationship, when the reality is pretty much the opposite. "You okay?" Jena sat on one of the high stools, Jane's back facing her. "Why wouldn't I?" Jane sets the scrambled eggs on the toast for Jena. "Today's school, meaning you would see your ex." Jena swung her legs, waiting for breakfast to be served.

As Jane served the plate to her beloved sister, Jayden made his way downstairs. "I want eggs too! Jane make me some eggs!" He threw his heavy ass backpack on the counter and bangs his fisted hands repeatedly, chanting 'eggs' every time he hits the counter. "Shut it Jade," Jane knocks Jayden's head and turned around again to make a new batch of eggs. "I have lots of exes Jen, you need to be specific on who." She said as she seasoned the beaten eggs. "Yunho." Jena mumbled with the bacon inside her mouth.

The name rolling out of Jena's mouth seems to picked Jayden's interest as he locks his phone and leans forward, "The dude Jane broke up with?" He teased, "You're so mean Jane, breaking a lover boy's heart just like that." Jayden snaps his finger. Jane rolled her eyes and shoves the piece of toasted bread into his mouth. "Shut up you ass." Jayden gave her a thumbs up, which somehow annoys the lass even more. "I'll be bringing my own car, in a matter of fact." Jena broke the playful tension between the siblings.

As both of their heads turn to see their youngest, Jena explains, "It's Monday, and I have traditions to fulfill with Sehui, remember?" She raised her eyebrows. Their tradition is nothing special, just them spending hours at the library, reviewing questions they find challenging. Jena grabs her car keys and went out of the residence. "See you guys later! I love you!" She shuts the door.

As Jena arrives at KQ, she could see other student's cars waiting to fill up the parking space. As she jammed to a new single her favorite just dropped, Jena saw the familiar figure of Sehui walking into the school building. What surprises Jena more is that beside Sehui, she could spot Seonghwa matching her pace, the both of them laughing at whatever the boy had said. "Since when are they this close?" Jena parks and got out of her coupe. "Who's close?" A voice startled the life out of the girl as she clutches her chest.

"Geez, San!" San had parked his own vehicle on the right side of Jena's, giving him easier access to surprise her. He lets it off with a signature giggle of his and motioned for the girl to come along. "So, how's Yunho doing?" Jena started a talk. San was completely bewildered, he never thought that Jena and Yunho are that close for her to be worried about his condition, then again, Yunho was her sister's boyfriend. "Not so good." San simply said, the boy had enough of Yunho's tears through the weekend. "I don't understand, Yunho seems like a nice guy, why would Jane break up with him?" Jena stated, her eyebrows creased in confusion.

San gave off a sarcastic chuckle, "I was a nice guy too, why would she do that I wonder." He mumbles under his breath, Jena not catching what he had said. "What was that?" She asked the lad which he replied by shaking his head.

As they enter homeroom and sat on their respective seats, the door bursts open. "Jen!" Sehui's face came into Jena's field of vision, "I need your help!" Sehui dragged Jena out of her classroom. "Hui, calm down." She held Sehui's hand which is wrapped around Jena's wrist. "I can't!" They stopped inside a bathroom. "What do you need help with? A math problem? I though we are going to deal with that later?" Jena calmly said. "No!" Sehui might have shrieked too loud.

"No," She repeats but softly this time, "It's about... Seonghwa." Sehui admitted. The events of this morning instantly came back into Jena's mind, her finally remembering to ask about that. "Oh yeah, since when did you two got clos—" "He asked me out." Sehui cuts her. "What?" Jena asked, more like said but with more uncertainty, "Seonghwa did?" Sehui nods enthusiastically, eyes brimming with tears. Classic for Sehui to cry every time she panics. "Hui why are you panicking? Isn't it great?" Jena held her hands in hers, rubbing it slowly to comfort her.

Sehui shook her head repeatedly, "No." She tried to calm herself down by breathing in and out, "Seonghwa has a reputation around here. People said that he plays with girls' heart." Sehui's voice cracked. "I don't want to experience another heartbreak, Jen." she looks down and fiddles with her fingers. "You've seen me dealing with it before and I'm not the best at controlling my feelings, especially when I'm hurt."

Jena quickly handled the situation before it could get any worse, "Just, reject him Hui. Tell him that you're not ready for a relationship." Jena embraced her best friend and pats her back. "I'm sure he would understand." The two stayed like that until the bell rung, then they made their way back into their own classes.

When Jena got into Biology, Yunho was already there, sitting with his head on the lab table. "Hey." Jena gently greets. Yunho didn't give her a reply but just gave her a small smile. "Are you ok—" Jena got cut off by the teacher slamming the door open. "Okay fellas! We are now going to work in groups of three!" He announced loudly. "And no Lucas you can't" Mr. Michael said to Lucas who had his hand raised.

"I'll be assigning the groups and you can't change, no matter what." He gestures to the board in his hands. The teacher starts on announcing the names, setting them into groups of three. "Yunho, you'll go with Haera and Changbin." He said. Yunho slowly raised his head, "Can't I be with Jena instead?" the question sent a thump to the said lass.

why would he ask for me though?

"Sorry Yunho. I said no changing teammates." Mr. Michael shrugs, "Meanwhile, little miss Jena here will be in a group with Mark Lee and Hwang Yeji." He closed the board and starts on describing the work they need to do. Jena's mind was not even present in the class right now, She kept glancing to the left where the boy she's forbidden to love. Hoping that everything will be okay.