35 // not knowing

Jena came back to school the next day, and all of her friends automatically swarmed around her, asking about her. The boys, especially San were busy questioning her, Wooyoung was cupping both of her cheeks, turning it side to side, trying to check for any visible injury or such. Jena let her eyes wander, sensing the lack of presence of one person. "Jena! Meet our new friend, this is Choi Jongho." Hongjoong pulls the new kid forward, "He's younger than us by a year, but skipped his grade." The boy greets Jena, to which she replies with a faint smile.

Another thing she needs to look out for, other than Jeong Yunho, is Lee Yeoreum. "Jena!" Sehui ran over to them, squeezing herself between the boys, "I'll be taking her." Sehui pulls Jena away from the boys, to the girl's bathroom. After making sure nobody was in there, Sehui turns to Jena. "Yeoreum is here!" She shout whispered, "Yeah, I know." Jena said, averting her gaze to the tiles, "I met her and Mrs. Jang on Sunday, with my mom." She confesses. "She was looking for you like crazy yesterday," Sehui held both of her hands, "I think you should stick with either the boys or me through out the day." Jena nods, but one problem remains.

"Yunho's the only one in Biology."

Sehui facepalms, forgetting that the both of them are not really talking with each other. "I'll find a way." Jena says, trying to calm the other lass down. Sehui nods, still unsure with what Jena had promised to her. "Call me if you need anything, okay? I'll rush out of class immediately." Sehui and Jena parts, going into their respective homeroom.

In Jena's class, Mr. Yoo was nowhere to be seen, to Jena's relief. "Jena!" San calls out to her, patting the seat next to him, "Jena, I guess you've heard about it, huh?" He clenches Jena's hand, eyes filled with worry. Jena caught on to what he meant and nods slowly, "Don't worry! I'll protect you." San said and straightens his back, he pats Jena's head. "Jane told me what happened on Saturday," He then said, "Honestly Jen, it is partially my fault also." San confesses.

"The three of us had the suspicion that the Lee Yeoreum you were talking about is the same Yeoreum we know." San said, "But we brushed it off, thinking that the Yeoreum we knew, or at least thought we had known, won't do that." He looks down, unable to look at Jena in the eyes. "I'm so sorry Jen, I was in denial, thinking that the 'sweet' Yeoreum I knew wasn't capable of doing something that horrible."

Jena smiles, a small yet meaningful one, she puts her hand on San's shoulder and pats it, "It's fine San," He looks up to meet her eyes, "That girl is cunning and devious, she was able to fool people around her by her sweet innocent act. That's why you didn't know." San frowns, "I should've told you! I was strongly denying that, that girl is nothing like what you told us." He starts to raise his voice, putting the guilt back to him, "And what are you going to do about it?!" Jena slightly yelled, breaking her usual calm demeanor, catching the attention of a few kids, "The past, is in the past San, I have all of you now. Yeoreum is irrelevant in my life."

San bit his lip when he felt it quivering, "I might still have bad memories, she might still be my biggest fear, but I have support, I have you guys." Jena said and San buried his head into his hands. "Just, be here for me, okay?" Jena caresses San's shoulder. The moment they had soon got broken up by Mr. Yoo clearing his throat, "Safe your tears for later, Mr. Choi, I have an important announcement to make." He turns around to the board and wrote a word— two words, in a huge font.

FIELD TRIP

Excited whispers echoes around in the classroom, friends and lovers nudging each other. "As usual, we will have our field trip after midterms, and because the second grade, especially Ms. Shin right over here," He points at Jena, "did very well in midterms, raising our school's rank between the other public schools, the principal decided to make it into a two-night stay." Whoops and cheering erupted, few of them thanking Jena, in which she is confused to, and the rest starting to talk very loudly amongst themselves.

Mr. Yoo clicked his tongue and slams the teacher podium a few times, silencing the kids, "I'll hand you all forms of consent to bring to your parents, and no Lucas, you can't." He said, cutting off whatever the poor boy needs to say. Speaking of Lucas, Jena and Hendery had became friends rather quickly ever since that encounter at Crescent Productions, them bonding over similarities and stories. "You'll go, right?" San said, handing Jena the paper. She smiles at him, shrugging, "We'll see."

Homeroom ended and Jena made her way towards her very first class, Geography, which she luckily shares with her favorite human being, Wooyoung. "Jena! Come here!" The boy waves wildly that anyone could spot him from miles away. "You're going on the trip, right?" He said while pulling out the chair beside him for Jena to sit on. Jena gave Wooyoung the reply she gave to San, resulting on him begging for her to come. "Yeoreumie!" He cuts his words off, greeting the person who just came in. "I didn't know you were in this class!" Yeoreum made her way to the pair, eyes especially not leaving the girl.

Ah, right, they don't know

Jena maintained her eye contact with the girl, trying to calm her nerves down so she won't break into another panic attack. "This is Jena, Jena, this is Yeoreum, an old friend of our's." Wooyoung said, bringing the two girls' hands together, forcing them to shake hands, "Nice to meet you, Jena." Yeoreum took her hand, squeezing it a little bit to hard. Jena didn't say anything in return, her breath getting more irregular. She detaches her hand from Yeoreum's and ran outside the class, "Tell the teacher I'm sick." She had said to Wooyoung before leaving the classroom.

The only place she could think of that moment is the rooftop, plenty of oxygen, no prying eyes nor ears, and obviously, no Lee Yeoreum. She sped walked to the stairs, climbing it until she reaches the door, Jane had previously told her the code for it, for some odd reason. After inputting it, the door opens and Jena was attacked with the wind, she got closer to the railings built on the edge, leaning on it, trying to get her mind off things. When her breathing finally became normal, a voice calls out to her.

"If you want to jump, do a flip."
🌱
yes it's from tiktok