45 // freezing cold

That night, Jena skipped eating dinner, everything that went in just forced it's way out again, so she decided to not eat at all. Jena spent the rest of the day sitting in her room, nodding at Haera when she asked her questions, her mind running around. When it got late, Jena couldn't even close her eyes, for the nightmares would just come again, so she got her phone, and plays a podcast episode about a lecture she found. Jena took her book out, writing down what the lecturer said, taking notes here and there. Sometimes, when the lass can't sleep, she would study all night, cancelling her drowsiness.

You Have a New Message (4)

Her phone dings, disturbing her peaceful moment, she checks the messages she got, thinking that it's just spam.

Y
come out

Y
to the lake
okay jennie😉

Y
if i dont find you
there this will find
its way on the schools
website

Y
(video attachment)

Jena's thoughts froze, not knowing what to do, she complies hesitantly, grabbing her jacket and phone. Her feet wanders, until she reached the lake, seeing the moonlight and stars reflected by the waters really did calm her nerves down. Seeing that the girl was not there yet, Jena decided to sit on a set of boulders, situated near the waters, but high enough that the waters can't touch Jena. "Jennie." Jena's body tenses, "So you came, my friend." Jena looks back, seeing Yeoreum smiling at her. "Oh don't panic, I won't do anything to you." Jena stood up instantly, defending herself as a reflex. "I just want to talk," Yeoreum fake pouted, walking closer to her, "can't old friends do that?" Yeoreum is now standing exactly in front of Jena.

The latter was frozen in spot, seeing her bully up close after all those months really did take a toll on her. Her breathing went unstable and she started to break into cold sweat. Now she starts on regretting for coming out, she should've let the video leak instead. "You see Jennie," Yeoreum reached forward, taking her hands and holding it, "I really really really want to be your friend." She smiles, looking at their hands, feeling Jena's tremble under her touch. "But sadly you hate me, or are you afraid of me?" She smirks, looking back at Jena. "Are you afraid that middle school would happen all over again?" Yeoreum walked closer, making Jena step backwards. "Why? I had fun during those days though, hearing you beg for mercy." She swung their connected hands to the side, palying with it.

With every step Yeoreum takes forward, Jena went back, knees starting to grow weaker under her stare. "But what should I do Jennie? The boys are starting to doubt me, especially Yunho." Jena is now standing at the edge of the rock, having nowhere else to escape, "That's why, I need to get their trust back." Yeoreum's smile drops and she pulled Jena away from the edge, switching their positions and leans backwards, letting herself fall instead. "What did you call me out fo—" A sleepy Yunho clad in his pajamas was awake, when he saw Jena sitting on the boulder, looking down in the water, face pale.

The lake was much deeper than it looks like, the manmade lake being almost three meters deep, the temperature at least under 10° at this hour. "LEE YEOREUM!" Jena screamed, getting close to the edge, looking for any signs of the girl. "What did you do?!" Yunho ran up to the girl.

Ouch

Jena was stoned for a while, her head sorting out the things she need to do, before scrambling up to her legs, running into the teacher's chambers. She woke her homeroom teacher, Mr. Yoo, but soon the whole quarters were erupted in panic. The teachers were yelling to get an ambulance, while Mr. Yoo and Yeoreum's homeroom teacher, Mrs. Dan, ran towards the lake, to find Yunho going up from the water. "Jeong Yunho! What are you doing?!" Mrs. Dan shouts, seeing the boy going back into the water. Mr. Yoo took the pale Jena aside, asking her what had happened. Jena then proceeded to tell him the chronological order of the accident.

"So she let herself fall into the water?" Mr. Yoo asked once again, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I— Yes." Jena said, weakly. Mr. Yoo nods, and got distracted as the ambulance had arrived, and by then, Yeoreum was clad in a blanket and Yunho's arms, the girl shivering from the chill of the lake. The ambulance nurses took her away in a stretcher, wheeling Yeoreum into the ambulance, Mrs. Dan following the girl. "You should get some rest, Ms. Shin." Mr. Yoo pats the girl's shoulder and walks away, getting into the teacher's chambers.

Jena was still weak in her knees, trying to see the logic, the purpose, and the meaning behind Yeoreum's actions. "You." Yunho stood in front of the girl, eyes staring directly into her eyes. Jena opens her mouth, but is unable to say anything. "You pushed her." The accusation made her heart drop, never in a million years would she do such things. "W-What? No!" Jena's eyes bulged, shaking her head slowly. "You knew! She can't swim, that's why you pushed her, right?" The once sweet, kind, and loving Yunho changed in Jena's eyes, into a kind like Yeoreum. "I—" Jena can't answer anymore, did she push her? For real? "Answer me." Yunho grips Jena's shoulders, shaking her.

The girl's vision got cloudier and her breathing ragged and unstable, the Yunho standing and terrorizing her is not the same Yunho she fell for. For an instance she regretted coming to KQ, she would've been safer back in Wonderland. Yunho's grip loosens, as a fist made contact with his face, making him retract his hands and touch his face instead. "You bastard," The attacker spats, "Jena is not that type of person, you should've known better." He dodges a punch coming from the lad, throwing another one himself, making the tall guy stumble to the back, lips bleeding. "Get your thoughts straight, Jeong Yunho, I regret backing that bitch up." He walks away, pulling Jena with him by the wrist.

Jena looks up to her 'savior' her head unable to process what had just happened. Did he really just punched Yunho? Why? Shouldn't he be cursing at me also? For 'pushing' Yeoreum? What does he know? How much does he know? If he knows then how did he? Her thoughts were disturbed when they stopped abruptly, the male turning to face her. "I—" He cuts him off, unable to continue his sentence, feeling like a jerk. "I am, really sorry, Jena." The girl was stunned, not really grasping the situation. This Yeoreum's number one bodyguard, just apologized to her, after hearing Yunho accusing her of pushing the girl into the lake. But thank goodness, Jena had gotten one of her friends back. "It's fine, Wooyoung."
🌱
yunho istg *sighs*

hanse is just wayo by bang yedam is 💚 daechwita 2:41 is 🔥and don't forget that

BLACK LIVES MATTER